• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally decided to try out a 10/22.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not bad for my first Ruger. They only had three in stock at the time, the digital camo kind of grew on me in the time I tooking looking around at the other options. It was also the only stainless 10/22 they had and I really had my heart set on one.

So far I've only had a chance to do a little target shooting. 100 rounds and 0 missfires. :D

I mostly picked it up because it's cheap to shoot compared to my .22 mag, and I've been having alot of issues with the bolt and firing pin on it lately. The .22 shells are about $2.25 a box compared to $12-$15 for a box of the mags so that's a relief. I also grabbed a second 10 round clip, since apparently larger ones are illegal here? Or at least that's what the guy at Gander Mountain told me. I check online and nobody will ship/bill to NY so I'm assuming he had correct information.

Plans for right now are to pick up a nice little scope for it. I'm going to go with stainless for that too even though I know its going to be imposible to match the tone. Other than that I'm going to keep it stock until I get the mag back in top shape. I need to have a little gun for small game hunting.

99RangerOffRoad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just put about 200 rounds through mine today. Shot awesome. I was doing probably about 2 inch groups shooting at a fast pace with federal bulk box hollow points.
Taking my time and with good ammo I could easily bring that down.

You should be plenty happy with it.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Loved my 10/22 wish I still had it, made a hell of a stupid move considering what I traded it for and what I originally paid for it since a new one is nearly $100 more now.

If I remember right I think NY is one of the "high cap" magazine ban states so it's 10 rounders only. The stocker rotary mags are just about flawless but you'll have to pull them apart from time to time to clean the gunk out. Since the majority of bulk .22 is so dirty (especially the remington's I see in your pic IMO) it will gum up the mags and cause failure to feeds (I went through around 1000+ between cleanings).

Congrats on the purchase you'll LOVE it. Bad news is they make ALOT of stuff to improve/upgrade it and like anything else it's contagious but the good news is they're awesome shooters outta the box so it's up to your wallet and wants lol. This makes me SO regret getting rid of mine especially considering the FTE problems I'm fighting with my cheapie .22 I held onto.

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, those Remingtons are quite cheap. As you can see I'm using them for their best purpose, to hold the gun straight for the picture!

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
ha, indeed lol, a box of 50 of those in particular in my cheapie will require a cleaning as it makes the fte problem an every shot proposition..... They do work and are no less accurate than anything else I've tried but SO dirty.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
May I suggest CCI Minimags?
It's my favourite .22lr ammo. My 10/22 loved them. Using CCI blazers now, as they are cheaper.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The Ruger 10-22 is one of the finest 22 semi-auto rifles ever made.

Mine is always in easy reach.

the only problem I've ever had with it was one day at the range I caught a glint of metal out the corner of my eye and it was the extractor departing the rifle...

The one worthwile investment you can make is one of the aftermarket
"Laser cut" extractors, the corner that bears against the spring plunger
is sharper cornerr than can be produiced from a factory stamping and
there is less chance of it bouncing past the step on the plunger.

BTW, the Extrractor is exactly the same on the Mark II pistol

AD

Steiger Man

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Get rid of that clamp ring holding the barrel to the stock and accuracy will improve. Even sand out the material of the stock that is touching the barrel would yield even better results.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals