• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

steam cleaning

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
anyone know how the simoniz steam cleaner or comparable brands work at cleaning carpets and upholstery? do they just spray steam loosen the grit grime and still need to be vacuumed ? or do they suck the crap up at the same time its steaming the carpet?

i spilled a large Coke all over the seats and carpet and dont know if its worth my time to try those spray on vacuum off chemicals with the sticky coke. steam cleaning seems like the best method.

thanks

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Either a steam cleaner, or just a regular carpet cleaner would probably be best. When I got my truck, I just rented one of the Rug Doctor (I think that is the brand) machines from Safeway. It was 25 bucks for a day if I recall, and it did wonders!!
I would think a steam cleaner works the same way, but all the carpet cleaning machins that I have seen spray either the steam or cleaner or what ever they use and then the vacuum part is directly behind the sprayer, so it then vaccums all the crap up.

My interior looked somewhat clean (seats anyway) and it was really amazing how much crap it took out of them.

One suggestion though, I would take the carpet out before doing anything like this. The Coke probably soaked all the way though, so by taking the carpet out, you are able to get to the backing, and well as make it faster for the carpet to dry.
It really isn't too difficult to take out the carpet either. Takes me maybe 30-45 minutes at most to do it now (granted I've had it out 4 or 5 times due to mud water soaking into it). Just take the seats out (4-6 bolts depending on the seat) and then the trim pieces around the floor, and it comes right out. It will also make getting to the carpet easier as well, becuase you are not having to climb around in the truck.

Reactions: dru

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i just called around to some detail shops. got all of the carpet and upholstery steam cleaned for $50. its like new.

i went to Ace hardware to rent one of their machines $19 for 24 hours but the damn cleaning agents were more than the rental cost and i couldnt decide which cleaners to buy.

im going to look into buying a little steam cleaner that vacuums at the same time for future cleanings. the Bissel Green Machine looks promising.

thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals