• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 ranger v8 swap

rruel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Love the black and blue valve covers
Where did you get them
I can't seem to find them online

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Love the black and blue valve covers
Where did you get them
I can't seem to find them online
Painted them with a brush, they were black and red

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The engine was in my truck but at the time i had not purchased a oil filter relocator and instead tried to use a shorter filter. That was a no go. I realized that i no longer wanted it to be carb if one day i lived in a different state, and i didnt want it bored 60 over, so the engine was pulled back out and sold with the t-5 for $1,000 (i completely rebuilt it)

While out the other day my friend told me my engine was shit and said he needs to find a mustang for the body and t-5 and that he would give me the engine, he also gave me this for my swap, upper and lower edelbrock intake
so im back it it again. We are going to look at a 94' i believe tomorrow that we should be getting. Ill most likely be looking for an f150 trans with a transfer case if im lucky, if not the truck will stay 2wd

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Stay 2wd brotha !

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Picked up my new engine that is stock bore this time, with roller cam too. Resurfaced the block and heads, got one side together, just waiting for a set of cylinder head dowels since one side was missing them. Now i need oil pan, timing cover, all front accessories, and a flywheel.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This is wgere it sits now, got the block and heads resurfaced and put together, found a v8 explorer at the junkyard so i grabbed the accessory brackets but unfortunately didnt have enough for the powersteering or alternator. Heres a list of what i still need:
1. Oil pan
2. Pick up tube
3. Pushrods
4. Intake and carb
5. Timing cover
6. Fuel pump and regulator
7. Explorer balancer (i have a mustang balancer from my friend that wont work).
Then i can hopefully test fire it.

Thanks to everyone so far who has helped me out and supported the crap im doing here. I already know this will not be finished anytime soon but hopefully this has some help full information in it.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my friend gave me his edelbrock 650 carb he bought 2 month's ago since he switched to a 750. His mustang blows oil out of the valve cover like crazy so the carb is covered inside and out, i have it soaking in purple power. This thing looks like the inside of an oven but im still grateful for it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had one of those carbs. My 57 never ran right with it. Switched to a holley 4160 that i got for free and i rebuily,runs much better now. But hey free parts are the best. What else are friends for?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had one of those carbs. My 57 never ran right with it. Switched to a holley 4160 that i got for free and i rebuily,runs much better now. But hey free parts are the best. What else are friends for?

Pretty sure thats why he took it off his car. But it will do till i can afford something better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well when the time comes i do recommend a holley 4150 or 4160. They are easy to setup and rebuild plus theres tons of aftermarket and info on them. A brand new one can be had for around 300 bucks.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well when the time comes i do recommend a holley 4150 or 4160. They are easy to setup and rebuild plus theres tons of aftermarket and info on them. A brand new one can be had for around 300 bucks.

How are they with hard corners and other things like that? I know the edelbrock isnt going to be the best at it. Thanks for all the advice so far

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Just got it on a stand and ordered the pushrods for it, ill be able to pick them up tomorrow. Also made a bumper for my truck finally, its the first real thing ive fabricated besides my light bar mounts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
How are they with hard corners and other things like that? I know the edelbrock isnt going to be the best at it. Thanks for all the advice so far

It depends on which one you get some have floats that are hung differently that are better. Idr which ones id have to read the book ive got again. I only set mine up for street i didnt care about hard corners cause its on an old truck. If you look around you can get all the parts you need to set it up for what you want. Basically holleys are the 350 chevy of the carb world lol

Sent from the wrong side of town using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals