• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help to decide to buy or not.

jordantheoret

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am contemplating buying this 1998 ford ranger.
http://classifieds.castanet.net/details/98_5.0_ltr_ranger_raptor/2363540/

It looks sick, seems to be in good shape and had lots of work done to it.
Is it worth the money? He doesnt mention the km's but does it matter when a truck is modified to this extent? he's had it for 5 years and did all that work.

In your guy's opinion will this thing be nothing but problems or should i be able to hit the trails problem-free for a while? i dont plan on riding ridiculously fast or anything.

Originally i wanted to buy a sidexside but this thing seems wayy more fun. it looks clean, but im not looking for something that will cost me 1000$ every time i take it out.

Does anyone have exprience with a similar vehicle?
This would just be my bush truck i have another vehicle for daily driving.

I am supposed to meet him this weekend to try it and buy it if it all works out, anything i should look for to see if its a lemon?

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I would check around under the dash for a shity birds nest of wires and just all around check the quality of the work done are the welds clean is there wires everywhere 10k is alot of money I'd make sure the truck is worth every penny.
Do things that had to be custom made work to your liking? ,and check for wear spots on rubber hoses etc if its been on the road for 5 years I'm sure you would see them buy now and best of luck to you other than that truck looks awesome I'd drive it lol

jordantheoret

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I would check around under the dash for a shity birds nest of wires and just all around check the quality of the work done are the welds clean is there wires everywhere 10k is alot of money I'd make sure the truck is worth every penny.
Do things that had to be custom made work to your liking? ,and check for wear spots on rubber hoses etc if its been on the road for 5 years I'm sure you would see them buy now and best of luck to you other than that truck looks awesome I'd drive it lol
thanks for the quick reply.
The only thing i don't like is the shifter doesnt fit properly in the center console, do you think there is a purpuse to that? or would it be hard/expensive to get something custom made to look better?

other than that maybe the headlights could use an update but i love the look and can't wait to take it out on the trails, hopefully it doesnt break down while im out in the bush lol.

jordantheoret

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
oh and as for the quality of work i just spoke to him and he owned a shop for engine swaps, custom fiberglass work, tires, lifts, bumpers etc, and he built the truck to show what he could do.
He says he sold the business and is getting rid of the truck.

Getting more and more excited about taking this off roading.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals