• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tallest Lift

montazch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Sold
Just curious. Who has the tallest lift on this forum and what all did you do to make it?

I'm wanting to find some different approaches. I'm looking at 44s, with Dana 80's front and rear cut up. Linked suspensions with coils front and rear.

I have no problems fabricating but I'm wondering what works and doesn't break all the time.

Thanks!

:icon_welder:

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
it might be a little helpful to know what your intentions are for the rig, strictly trails, mud bogger, rock climber, dunes ext.

Just remember the taller you go the higher your COG, i know a lot of guys have stuck 44s under their rigs with some cutting a 5inch suspension lift and a few inches of body lift. anythings possible. i have approx 5.5 inch suspension lift on my b2 with full size axles and i could probably fit 44s if i cut my fenders.

montazch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Sold
I hate to say this but she will be a show truck. She's been a show n go truck for a while now and she deserves better. She had a 9 inch total lift and sported 35s under her for quite some time.

My intentions are no cutting of the body. As much wheel travel as possible. Strong and dependable. Of course 44s, and coil-overs at all four corners. A long travel 4-6 link in the front and rear. Dana 80's front and rear, slightly cut down with custom axles. In other words, the suspension and axles will be completely custom made.

Those are the big ticket items.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wait, so strictly a show truck? Then toss a dana 30 up front and don't waste Dana 80's. Leave those to people who will actually use them.

montazch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Sold
To me it will still be a show and go truck. If I have the notion of going off road, then I'll have the ability to do so.

I actually want it to participate it in parades and travel from my home to shows nearby, soooo. If I wasn't going to do that then why not stick with my current build?

44's would snap Dana 30's like a toothpick. Same with a Ford 8.8 and 9 inch. The 650hp Ford 331 would make short order of most smaller axles. Why not use the Dana 80's, which by the way are in huge abundant supply from Dodge to Fords. I found a set for $700 complete.

The whole idea behind this thread was to get some ideas about going big, safely and with some ideas about cost cutters. A Ranger can look cool wearing 44's for shoes but it can be functional as well.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I'd be worried about 650hp from a 302 block.

montazch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Sold
You know. All I'm getting here on this forum is heat, complaints and a hard time. I'm sorry I even posted the question.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
Oh, I get it , you want to build something like everybody else and nobody will tell you how to do it.. well heck, I see why your upset:popcorn:

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
cut the negativity crap, theres nothing more fulfilling then helping someone else spend their money, and saying hey that was my idea, if he's got an idea of what he wants, then id say lets help him make it a reality.

i know every one on here did the same for me,
so stop the bashing, its obviously not a noob question, were not talking skyjacker or rough county bolt on crap.

if it were me and you want the tallest lift possible, i would probably be looking at fabbing a custom tube chassis under your frame, like a lot of the big mud digger trucks do, and sorta like monster trucks.
something like this
hope that helps

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
thinking parade status, you should consider 2.5 ton rock wells. all the slowness you need for a parade, will definitely handle 44s, plus who doesn't want rock wells

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Just curious. Who has the tallest lift on this forum and what all did you do to make it?

I'm wanting to find some different approaches. I'm looking at 44s, with Dana 80's front and rear cut up. Linked suspensions with coils front and rear.

I have no problems fabricating but I'm wondering what works and doesn't break all the time.

Thanks!

:icon_welder:
To me it will still be a show and go truck. If I have the notion of going off road, then I'll have the ability to do so.

I actually want it to participate it in parades and travel from my home to shows nearby, soooo. If I wasn't going to do that then why not stick with my current build?

44's would snap Dana 30's like a toothpick. Same with a Ford 8.8 and 9 inch. The 650hp Ford 331 would make short order of most smaller axles. Why not use the Dana 80's, which by the way are in huge abundant supply from Dodge to Fords. I found a set for $700 complete.

The whole idea behind this thread was to get some ideas about going big, safely and with some ideas about cost cutters. A Ranger can look cool wearing 44's for shoes but it can be functional as well.

how many guys that responded have trucks that run 44 inch tires?

you should carefully note that before cranking your sensitivity up.

i have a daily driver truck and it has run 44's. still can if i want t use them. of course to sensibly accomplish that goal i cut the fenders and run as little lift as possible...this unfortunately limits travel as well. my truck dont look cool though...it frightens most people.

so to have travel and to leave the fenders uncut the answer is obvious.

great advice here already a few posts back. for axles the 1st choice should be rockwells. they will by far be the most cost effective solution. easy to find 700-1500 for a matched set. start looking.

building dana 80's is a bad idea all around. not cost effective by any stretch in comparison....rockwells have huge aftermarket support. for the purposes you report, dana 44 8 lug and a dana 60 rear full float would work perfectly. stock 4.1 gears....real cheap to do.

suspension is another matter......

some easy range would be a minimal drop sub-frame and leaf springs. very easy to do.

you want links....also easy to do at this scale. start with some of the common 4 link calculators online and work from there.

the pic posted here from the earlier poster is a great start to your ends imo.....he hit it right on the head for ya.

thats how to build a show truck.:dunno: it is real simple.

all you need is a shit ton of MONEY to burn so you can go parading around as the occasions hit the calender. this example looks real reasonable on costs at that. we have 4-5 parades here per year and its a great way to support local issues and charities so i can see the goals as legit for sure.

conversely .... as a guy who also occasionally builds engines...specializing in fuel injecting windsors of all types and drives a ranger with 44 inch tires bitchslapping dana 60 parts into oblivion

and

went thru your past 70 posts these past years...simply because i was perplexed to say the least at the engine choice.

while mostly for sale stuff in the posts....i certainly had pause at, 6 months wiring, and...... how to measure or install hoodpins. paraphrasing of course.

i sure was curious why an engine builder would build a baby sbf for something like this. a 351....stroked maximally...yes. but a 331???

had you listed an exotic block like you picked apart the standard axle selection i would not have looked into the past posts....bit i was curious...

your choice of engine became understandable with the hoodpin question.

i do think for show purposes i would run a big block of some flavor. whatever the best deal was for a good running system...440 mopar, 460 ford, or a 454...fanblade to transfer case.

honest advice, :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals