• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New front end!

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
As anyone can see i am a new member to this site (only a month old or so)
I have had my 2001 ranger for about a year and a half, i could not pass up a 2001 ranger with 18000 miles on it! it was a rental truck from RSC and was a plant truck. when i bought it the tranny was slipping bad bad. thats why they sold it for 500. so i went to my local autozone and bought some trans tune and a new filter and tranny oil and started the steps of the trans tune. well when it came down to dropping the pan to replace the filter and tranny oil, i took off every tranny pan bolt with my fingers!!! so needless to say thats why it was slipping lol no tranny fluid! since then i have not had a problem one with my truck.

Well after hearing rumors of a painless 5.0 swap i was curious and started researching and found TRS.com, i joined and have learnd a lot on the tech pages! so now i have decided to do the swap and swap the rear end with the 8.8. also it has made me wanna change the over all look of my truck.not to mention i used to have an anger problem and used my truck as a punching bag, but not no more lol to expensive

Yesterday i went and bought all new parts for my truck. New mirrrors, new headlamps, side markers, fenders with the hoples for the flares, grille, grille insert, bumper, edge valince, and fog lights, got it all from my local certifit for about 450$, i pulled all the old and started on with the new, i hot bolted everything yesterday and with in an hour or so from now i am gonna go out and align all the parts and go ahead and tie them down!!!! i have pic in my profile of old and new (o btw, i am still gonna go back with my angry eyes headlamps) stop by my profile and see Plz!:yahoo:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You mean 18,000 or 180,000?

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
18,000. now it has 23,000. it was a plant truck and i am the second owner, couldnt pass up that sweet deal

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I like the new front end good work. Insted of doing the eye lid things you otta look into black housings. They make the truck much more aggresive looking.

Heres what I'm talking about. I know there is a full write up of this some where but you get the drift.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104183

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
mmmmm i know wut you are talking about we have early 90's trucks on the flightline with 60 - 70,000 miles on em but these vehicles are also some of the most beat up vehicles.....near impossible to get the check engine light to go out anymore hahaha. but i highly recommend blacking out the housings it makes it look mean....good luck

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
I used to wanna do the black housings on my lights but i read up on TRS that you can do-it-yourself, so what i am gonna do is instead of splitting the housing and painting it black i am gonna split it and paint the inside white and have white housings then do the eyelids. i dunno yet though kinda scared to split the housing but hell the headlamps are only 30 a piece so if i screw up its not such a loss you know. BTW thanks for your ideas guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals