• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need vacuum diargam '99 XL 2.5L

rlmc60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Admin, would you please delete this thread as I see no way to do it myself. I Posted it in the wrong section.Thank you.

Last edited:

rlmc60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
That diagram wasn't very specific, but thank you. I guess what I need is to know which lines hook up precisely where on the manifold.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'm pretty certain that the vacuum lines are almost if not identical to the 2.3.

Essentially you have the lines coming from the lower intake that provide vacuum to the purge canister...which is routed through either one or two connected controllers before it hits the purge cannister on the front by the rad.

Then you have the FPR line that goes from the intake over to the FPR on the fuel rail...

There are lines that connect to the top of the intake that run over behind the engine and end up on another controller (can't remember the name) and that splits to go over to the check valve that controls the heater box air flow direction.

Do you have a vacuum leak or are you trying to track down a CEL?

rlmc60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Neither, actually. I had to take off the manifold to replace the EGR valve. Because of parts that didn't come in, it's been days and now I have forgotten which line goes where. If I could just find a picture of the underside of the manifold with everything hooked up I'd be fine.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Ah, OK...I see you also posted in the Urgent section...I don't have a pic of the intake connections...aside from the fact that I have a 2.5 running the 96 setup...

If you still need one and I can get to it tomorrow I will try to post one for you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals