• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel pump help

toledo_tommy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK so my build is going great until yesterday. I have a 93 splash and I was going to use the 4.0 fuel injected fuel pump ( already have a regulator with bypass installed ) but it won't pump fuel. I put a gallon of gas in the tank . Started to cross wires in the harness to the fuel pump , it kicks on but no fuel. I have the line pulled at the fuel filter ( was going to flush tank ) . Has anyone had this problem ? Is it maybe running in reverse or in neutral if that's possible ? Any help or suggestions would be great . I would hate to drop the tank for a good fuel pump. Any ideas or suggestions would be great !

gsp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual

toledo_tommy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes... I can hear it running . I'm going to add a couple more gallons to the tank and see if anything changes . My main question was I'm not positive which wires in the harness is to the fuel pump for it to be wired correctly. I unplugged the harness going under the truck and ran a "hot" wire to touch on the prong to find the fuel pump but the fuel pump kicks on when I touch like 6 different prongs :/ .... Since this Ranger was fuel injected and I'm using the fuel injected pump I have to tap into the harness to wire it up.

toledo_tommy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nevermind , I figured it out . Thanks for all your help tho . .. .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals