• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

yay

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Im hopefully gonna go look at a parts truck this sun only thing bad is tranny, so im thinkin front clip for ranger, engine if good for my 86 bronco 2 since thats all it needs, strip for all the other good parts, maybe body swap on ranger if in better cond, than its off to the junk heap with whats left:yahoo:. I love extra parts.

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
this sucks

i think that butt head is gonna sell it from under me she said she would wait two weeks for me to get the money, but know she is sayin she got another offer and she has to talk to the other person first i hate it when stuff goes like this and i have cash now errrrrrr. it so hard to find a good first gen around here for parts they are either trash, smashed, or not for sale

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
unfortunately, cash is king. I do see her point, what if something happens that you can't come up with the cash? she will have turned down a buyer that could have paid for it right then and there, and he might not be interested in it in two weeks.

The best you can do is possibly put some money down and ask her to hold it, and if you do not come up with the rest of the cash in two weeks, then she can put it on the market again and keep your downpayment for her troubles.

Hopefully you can scrape up the dough and get it.

Good luck!

AJ

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yes but i have the money now and this was a week and a half ago she agreed to wait two weeks so i got ahold of her early, she just isnt honoring her part and i never put cash down thats how u get ripped off when i get what i want and the title they get paid that way no one gets screwed. so know i gotta look for another, if any one here is in western washington fairly close to oly and has an 83 or even the front clip for sale hit me up

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
dude you cant fault her one bit, if you found it two weeks ago, you should have borrowed the money or got the money somehow and bought it two weeks ago.

look at it from the sellers perspective, how do they know that you will show up in two weeks and buy the truck? they got bills to pay, mouths to feed, a house to heat and clothes to replace. taxes are due, fuel is expensive...they are going to sell it to the first person that waves money in front of their face. everytime, thats how it happens. obviously you are new to the buying/selling game. they have NO way of knowing that you would actually call back, and to make them hold it for two weeks? it is two DAYS max..and the only reason for that being its saturday and you got to wait to get to the bank on monday and then you will be there on MONDAY...

you have NO IDEA how many guns/trucks/bikes/parts/ect i have bought that the owner was "holding for this guy out of where ever" that they sold to me because i showed up with truck/trailer and cash. chalk this up to learning expiriance, if you dont have the cash on hand for what you are shopping for, than dont even call on it...

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ive bought many things from people the only differende between me and everyone else out there is if i say im gonna do somethin im gonna do it i explaned to her i had rent due and that the next check id have cash. i dont f any one around its not my style and she even said she didnt need the cash just didnt want to fix the tranny, and why not call if the cash is a week away most people will hold it and i didnt even talk her down i offerd what she asked.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
you might be an honest,upstanding, contributing member of society...but only your friends and family would know that, she dont know that, maybe she completely forgot about you. maybe she got a call from a collection agency. who knows? better yet, who cares?

The FACT of the matter and the moral of your story is that you cant trust ANYBODY to hold anything for any period of time. cash talks, and in this economy nobody is going to refuse a handful of 100's for whatever they are selling...just a word of advice man, if you dont want to get all pissy about missing out of stuff, dont ask them to hold it because 99.99% of the time someone else (most likely me) will come along and throw 75% of the asking price down and take it home...

and fyi, when im selling something i dont hold anything for nobody, i have gotten jerked around by window shoppers more times than i care to remember, the only people that i do business with is the ones that are on their way 10 min after hanging up with me and then they show up with truck/trailer and cash. do you have any idea how many people have the transmission go out on their car whenever they are looking whatever it is you have for sale?? they could at least come up with a better excuse..

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know this it just pisses me of she agreed to wait and didnt and its damn near impossible to find a front clip for my truck and it pisses me off more that the only reason i need it is because of some stupid drunk idiot at least when i drink i dont drive, and sorry if i came across pissy it just irks me when people dont hold true to their word

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I know this it just pisses me of she agreed to wait and didnt and its damn near impossible to find a front clip for my truck and it pisses me off more that the only reason i need it is because of some stupid drunk idiot at least when i drink i dont drive, and sorry if i came across pissy it just irks me when people dont hold true to their word
Were ya located and what do ya need I have a bunch of first gen parts.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey man dont worry about it, i have been in your shoes many times, the worst i ever had was when i had called a guy that was 3 hours away to let him know that i was on my way with a truck and trailer, he said ok, sounds good i'll see you at 4, like we had planned the day before, his house was easy to find, i pulled in at 4:03pm, just as another truck and trailer was driving away with it....

I DROVE 6 HOURS ROUND TRIP, WASTING A DAY AND A TANK OF DIESEL AND CAME HOME EMPTY-HANDED.....so trust me, i feel your frustration...

oh and tip number 2, never shop craigslist at night, finding the best deal in the world at 3 in the morning is useless because since you slept till noon, its already gone, so do your shopping when you can call on it lol..

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
oh and tip number 2, never shop craigslist at night, finding the best deal in the world at 3 in the morning is useless because since you slept till noon, its already gone, so do your shopping when you can call on it lol.

that only counts if ur able to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep at night ever on average im awake 18-21 hours at a time then sleep five

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals