• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

would it work?

Loudest-99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 (Deep-Rumbler)
Transmission
Manual
im just wanting to know if i go to a jy and got maybe 4 leafs from a 2000 ford ranger short bed stepside and threw 2 leafs on one side and other 2 on other.

Im wanting to get more bed load cap so i can haul little more weighty stuff.. whats easiest and cheapest way out there? thanks

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
with one leaf on each side would be enough for more cargo. but take in mind that the axle is rated for a specific load too. overload it and it could get damaged.

how many weight u would carry on it?

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Plus step side rangers only came with 2 leafs per pack... The stepside rangers don't have the big beds so they figured they didn't need the extra load springs. I just swapped in explorer leafs in my truck and they can hold alot more weight then my old step side springs probably could have if they were in tack.

Loudest-99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 (Deep-Rumbler)
Transmission
Manual
just some engines. i hauled 2 4 banger Honda v-tech (whatever they are... i hate imports) from Roosevelt to Cache which is bout hour away. it held pretty good going 70 down highway. just back end was lil to ground. didn't grind or nothing on bumps.

mainly just engine. ranger from a 2cycle all way to a 454 from carb to injected lol

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
If you don't haul all that much with them I would just say leave it the way it is.

But if you do haul some, I would suggest maybe Helper springs, airbags, or these rubber inserts that look like airbags but its just really thick rubber.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals