• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Working On Ranger Again

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Its been a while since I posted here. I quit driving my Ranger 7-8 years ago, driving less than 250 miles a year just to keep things working.

I was cleaning out my garage last year and I stumbled on a pair of coil springs. I completely forgot about them; I pulled these springs from a Ranger with a spring code of KK back in 2011. These are a pair of high rate performance coils.

Then coronavirus. Working from home gave me more time, this is great (boring). I decided to replace the original springs in my Ranger. Might as well change the shocks at the same time so I bought a new set of KYBs.

The original sway bar bushings and sway bar link end bushings had already been replaced with a set of Energy Suspension High Durometer Polyurethane Bushings. What’s with the big square hole in the factory bushing?

The rear of the Ranger was lowered years back in 2011.

I really need to wash this truck, but it finally looks right. The new coils lowered the front about 1-inch.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Good to see you again. I've always liked how you did your truck; and it's good that you still have it.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Its part of the family, I bought it in 1995.

An alignment is next. Looks like camber decreased. I'm estimating a 1-inch drop is close to a 1-degree drop in camber.

The high rate springs definitely changed the way it handles. These coils are definitely stiffer than the original. I still think I need a larger diameter rear bar. Alignment first, then idle air controller, it stumbles when the AC is turned on then rear bar.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals