• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wont start need help fast

bowlingbum

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i put in another 2.9 motor in my 89 ford ranger. old 2.9 was knocking when i pulled motor. just got new 2.9 in i beleive its from a 87. wont start its a fuel issue fuel pump is working checked that. took line from rail and it primes gas out of it when u turn the key. dump gas through intake will start for a brief second. is it my fuel injectors that came on this motor clogged? i checked all my wiring 3 times all plugged up and right. whats the chance this is the issue or what else could it be ?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
All 6 injectors plugged up would be a rare issue.

When you turn the key on the EEC relay closes and supplies 12volts to fuel pump relay, ignition system and all 6 injectors.

The computer supplies the ground for all of these, to control them, and for the injectors to "fire" them.
So with key on check for 12v at the injectors.

You can unplug an injector and give 1 pin 12v and the other pin a ground and it should click.
Or test with OHM meter should be 10-14ohms

bowlingbum

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i dont have anything to test it tonight . my friend might but he went home . so its possible i missed a ground your saying ?

bowlingbum

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
if i can get the tester tonight and lets say its not putting anything out what could it be then thats not allowing it to work?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals