• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Window Break Rant

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
So this morning I was about to leave to go to church with my family when we pull outta the driveway my Mom points out that my window on the Ranger is broken. I turned to look at it and some a$$hole put a huge hole in one of the back window panels of my truck with the rest shattered around it. :bawling: It just pisses me off that someone would do that with complete disregard for another human being. :annoyed:

Pics later on.

DarkMax

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Did you find out what broke it? It could have been an accident like a baseball and whoever did it did not want to fess up to it. if it was, you might be able to find out if you know your neighbors and they saw kids playing outside that day. But i agree, you have to be pretty lame to do that to a random stranger.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to hear that, dude, but Look at the bright side aleast its the back and not the side rear window theres like a $500 price difference.

Last edited:

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Nah, I looked inside the truck there's no stone or ball or anything. If that was the case, I'd be a little more lenient.

If that's the case with the side window, I'm sure glad it was the back then.

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
ok, snapped some quick pics for you guys.

:sad:

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
Is anything missing from your truck? That would be the first thing I would be worried about.

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
no I checked. My new stereo and everything are still there, which confused me at first, but im really glad for that now.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
atleast they just broke your window i parks in sahara's parking garage with my window open about 3/4s of an inch and some one lit a book of matches and threw it in my window. now i have a burn hole in my seat. a bunch of friends have their cars keyed and stuff written on them all the time. don't move out here

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
atleast they just broke your window i parks in sahara's parking garage with my window open about 3/4s of an inch and some one lit a book of matches and threw it in my window. now i have a burn hole in my seat. a bunch of friends have their cars keyed and stuff written on them all the time. don't move out here
If something like that happened to me, I'd lie in wait for them to return. Never mess with a man's ride.

I've had friends that had their cars keyed and broke into when I was at college. Nobody ever touched any of my trucks. See, a former friend of mine had started going around telling anyone who would listen that I was a crazy redneck that sat watching my trucks with a baseball bat and a gun. Not true, but I didn't spend much time trying to convince people otherwise... my stuff got left alone. Those who knew me well enough knew that I wouldn't come running out of the apartment with a gun and baseball bat to protect my truck, but I might come out to break your fingers, lol.

To the OP, check an see if insurance will cover it, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And IIRC, insurance cannot raise your rates if it's under $1,000 in damage.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Damn Nick that sucks. Those windows aren't to bad both on the wallet and to install. Those little SuperCab windows are almost $1000 a piece. Happy that all your stuff is still there, I wonder what happened...

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
mmmmm it's all these kids now a days when i was a kid i would be scared and atleast tell the peeps i did it, but kids now are just ***theads and don't care about anything. maybe it is just im in the military but people plain just arent accountable for anything anymore. pisses me off

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Cheapo autostore marine-style terminals. Easy on the wallet and they give you an extra attachment point for your stuff.
Sure you have the right thread, Mike? :icon_rofl:

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i looked at the policy and i don't have glass coverage. I'm thinkin of doing a junkyard run tomorrow to get one if i can. install shouldn't be too hard...i hope

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
***holes where i live shoot out windows with bb guns.It mostly happens in the summer.I've been lucky so far.No windows broken but I've had nails put in my tires and someone dented a fender with something big.I don't park on the street anymore.

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
hey man look for a pellet or bb i had some punks shoot out three windows on my f150 a few years back. they got caught and all of them were charged with felony damage to property. good luck with the cops finding them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals