• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whats Wrong?

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i have been busy since iv gotten laid off. threw a 2 inch body lift on, all new ball joints changed this and that on my 91 ranger. even rock guarded the canopy (reg cab long box)

well my latest mod was 35 inch rubber. got it on the cheap (only about 40% left) and mounted for $200 (bfg muds old style)

well i was scared shitless the first time i drove it. iv NEVER EVER had rubber this big before. while it was awesome as hell :headbang::yahoo: it was...i dunno...

anti climatic?
its been a dream of mine to strive for a nice truck with big tires. and well i have got it...but im not too sure its maybe the right direction?

i seem to be at the cusp of; if i go any farther its d60's or ur going to be snapping parts WAY to often or bump down in size so u dont have to really worry. iv come to realize that i DONT want to diddle down the path of throwing full-width stuff on my ranger or anything to crazy.

i dont know whats really got me here...the fact that i finally got to this "sacred realm" of large tires or the increase worry that NOW i could REALLY break something...

what do u guys think? :icon_confused: :dunno:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You'll get used to it lol.

I've been running 35" rubber on mine for years now. I have no regrets whatsoever (i've sortof been tossing around going to 37s even, although the truck is so well-balanced right now I'm not sure if I want to chance screwing that up).

Do you have a suspension lift on it, or just radically-cut fenders?

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
actually only a 2 inch BL and the rear corners cut out...along with plastic stuffs lol

have u done the upgraded spicer joint on ur rig? did u do the 3rd u joint or just leave it be?

i dunno i still seem to be at odds with myself and all this...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
well i have been busy since iv gotten laid off. threw a 2 inch body lift on, all new ball joints changed this and that on my 91 ranger. even rock guarded the canopy (reg cab long box)

well my latest mod was 35 inch rubber. got it on the cheap (only about 40% left) and mounted for $200 (bfg muds old style)

well i was scared shitless the first time i drove it. iv NEVER EVER had rubber this big before. while it was awesome as hell :headbang::yahoo: it was...i dunno...

anti climatic?
its been a dream of mine to strive for a nice truck with big tires. and well i have got it...but im not too sure its maybe the right direction?

i seem to be at the cusp of; if i go any farther its d60's or ur going to be snapping parts WAY to often or bump down in size so u dont have to really worry. iv come to realize that i DONT want to diddle down the path of throwing full-width stuff on my ranger or anything to crazy.

i dont know whats really got me here...the fact that i finally got to this "sacred realm" of large tires or the increase worry that NOW i could REALLY break something...

Post photos!!!!!

Straycat

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
lol i love how im having a problem about all this but everyone wants pics LOL

ill go grab some and post them up!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

anti climatic?

If you drive it like you 'stole it, it will break up in little parts!!! lol If you drive it for a dd and don't beat on it..it will last longer. Worst thing will be....you will neeed to add 'xploder' front rotors since thay are bigger than our Rangers. The grears will need to be replaced so you can keep your power range. With 40% tread left just keep an eye out for tire rot!!!! Those tires will pop like they were made in Korea... 'May Pop Soon'........lol

Straycat

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
really? hmmm i can easily get exploder rotors! thanks for the tip!

nope no tire rot on these things. i got 2 spare that i will mount here soon so im not 2 worried. i got a locking canopy so i dont need to worry i can throw a jack in there easy enough.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you dont need D60's if you're gonna run 35's, an 8.8 and a d35 or d44 will be fine

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
im just saying that the evolution passed this point is not a place that a) i can easily afford b) not really interested in c) to much hassle for a dd IMO

dunno it was all just like WOW.

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I know what your saying. You've spent all this time working on this project and now its essentially "done" and you having nothing to look forward too! Maybe its time to find another project to work on:icon_welder:

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
shit it took me 4 weeks to get to this point LOL but i think u hit it on the head snowmaker321

i dunno imma gunna go wheel with it like it is. non cut fenders and all and see what happens...

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Keep driving it something will come up.These old trucks are about balancing what you want your budget,on road drivability,off road capabilities,beat up enough to go where you want to go nice enough your not ashamed to drive it.Don't worry you'll want more flex or something go out with some good working rigs you'll see plenty to do.

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea im gunna talk to dad here and get cutting on the fenders to give me some flex. i got alittle more work to do...guess i just kinda got into a funk.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals