• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What would you offer?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's a $2500 truck TOPS. Its older and has a lot of miles, not to mention the rebuilt tranny. Sounds like someone's trying to get rich of someone who doesn't know better. With that many miles you don't know if it will last 10 days or 10 years. That's my thoughts on high mileage. From what KBB pulled off the options I saw was $4000 in very good condition, $4441 in excellent condition, $3600 in good, 3300 in fair. But you cant note anything about the rebuilt transmission on KBB. I'd stay away from it unless you can get the price cut in half. Remember its not what its worth its what you can get for it. I just got my truck for $1800 and its a 99, 2wd, factory tow package, 99,000 miles, 3.0 1 owner vehicle (I saw 25 miles on the title and purchased in 1999 when I got it) but everyone to their own, i'd stay away, rebuilt tranny means something happened, either bad drivers, stuck in mud/snow, or lack of maintenance or all of above. Trust me, you can find something with a lot less miles for a lot less money.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
What 91stranger said.
Rebuilt transmission AND new head gaskets.. I think he just sunk a boat load of money into it and is trying to recoup some of his costs.

Now for the good...the body, paint and interior does look great. The tires look pretty decent too. But this is a 2500 to 3000 truck, no more.

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's a $2500 truck TOPS. Its older and has a lot of miles, not to mention the rebuilt tranny. Sounds like someone's trying to get rich of someone who doesn't know better. With that many miles you don't know if it will last 10 days or 10 years. That's my thoughts on high mileage. From what KBB pulled off the options I saw was $4000 in very good condition, $4441 in excellent condition, $3600 in good, 3300 in fair. But you cant note anything about the rebuilt transmission on KBB. I'd stay away from it unless you can get the price cut in half. Remember its not what its worth its what you can get for it. I just got my truck for $1800 and its a 99, 2wd, factory tow package, 99,000 miles, 3.0 1 owner vehicle (I saw 25 miles on the title and purchased in 1999 when I got it) but everyone to their own, i'd stay away, rebuilt tranny means something happened, either bad drivers, stuck in mud/snow, or lack of maintenance or all of above. Trust me, you can find something with a lot less miles for a lot less money.
Your last sentence is false local. Small trucks cost a fortune. I missed it on one yesterday that was on cl for 6 hours when it sold. 98, 4.0 auto, 160k, 4500. I figured I'd offer around 4k on this. But 2500 here buys you junk.

These are all 4wd, with less than 180k in my area

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Same around here - no chance of getting a decent condition low(er) mileage truck for $2000-2500. I paid $2000 for my '99 with 220k on it in July and haven't seen anything available since then in decent condition for a similar price.

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
wow that's crazy. when I was lookin at the truck I had now it was between this and another 2001 with 120,000 miles, 4x4 6 inch lift, 35" mudders and another set of 33" tires, computer programmer, clean frame, body had some rust but this is Ohio, rust is common after a few years in the winter. and that other truck was firm at $2200 with the extra tires and computer programmer. I live in north central Ohio and most trucks like rangers and s10's are pretty cheap. If you take your time and scan craigslist daily you will find a deal. It crazy what things cost in other states. What's gas prices around there? it was $2.18 this morning at Moto mart. probably $2.60 there lol

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Download a CL app with alerts. Set it for "Ranger needs". As soon as one is posted you get an alert. Contact immediately. All the fair deals are done or removed from CL in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wow that's crazy. when I was lookin at the truck I had now it was between this and another 2001 with 120,000 miles, 4x4 6 inch lift, 35" mudders and another set of 33" tires, computer programmer, clean frame, body had some rust but this is Ohio, rust is common after a few years in the winter. and that other truck was firm at $2200 with the extra tires and computer programmer. I live in north central Ohio and most trucks like rangers and s10's are pretty cheap. If you take your time and scan craigslist daily you will find a deal. It crazy what things cost in other states. What's gas prices around there? it was $2.18 this morning at Moto mart. probably $2.60 there lol
Ya, the toyota market is even worse. If it's under 200k miles, it's over 7000 dollars.
Download a CL app with alerts. Set it for "Ranger needs". As soon as one is posted you get an alert. Contact immediately. All the fair deals are done or removed from CL in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
I have alerts set. Thats how I found this one. I called him 9 minutes after it was posted. The one I missed on I was sleeping because I work nights.

hank857

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if willing to travel look further out on the list. Get fairly decent ones for around 4K here but they usually are mid 90's

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if willing to travel look further out on the list. Get fairly decent ones for around 4K here but they usually are mid 90's
Define travel.

This ones an hour

But time is money. Driving a few hours round trip to save a few hundred bucks isn't worth my time in the long run.

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I guess the market varies for each city/state. That's when you need a buddy who can find good deals and make the purchase for you and arrange the travel between the two of you. Make sure its someone you trust. Sometimes driving a few extra hours to save a lot of money may be worth the gamble. I'm the type of guy when I'm lookin at a vehicle the first thing I do is look underneath it. You can pretty much tell the quality of a vehicle by looking underneath it. Rust, leaks, repairs, issues can all be seen with a quick glance underneath. Don't trust anyone on Craigslist for what they say. There's too many crooked people for every honest person out there any more.

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I guess the market varies for each city/state. That's when you need a buddy who can find good deals and make the purchase for you and arrange the travel between the two of you. Make sure its someone you trust. Sometimes driving a few extra hours to save a lot of money may be worth the gamble. I'm the type of guy when I'm lookin at a vehicle the first thing I do is look underneath it. You can pretty much tell the quality of a vehicle by looking underneath it. Rust, leaks, repairs, issues can all be seen with a quick glance underneath. Don't trust anyone on Craigslist for what they say. There's too many crooked people for every honest person out there any more.
My point was more that saving 1000 on Truck is only worth so much. If I factor in my hourly income, the time it'd take to go get it may negate the savings.

The last truck fell through. Kid wouldn't budge on price.

Going to look at this in the am.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/2000-ford-ranger-xlt-4x4/6318108955.html

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
My point was more that saving 1000 on Truck is only worth so much. If I factor in my hourly income, the time it'd take to go get it may negate the savings.

The last truck fell through. Kid wouldn't budge on price.

Going to look at this in the am.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/2000-ford-ranger-xlt-4x4/6318108955.html
Yes, sometimes a deal is more in the getting than the price. This white one looks nice...4x4 extended cabs are nice...white I'm not crazy about but sometimes you can't get everything you want...unless you like white...:)

dusten

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, sometimes a deal is more in the getting than the price. This white one looks nice...4x4 extended cabs are nice...white I'm not crazy about but sometimes you can't get everything you want...unless you like white...:)
I like colors that stay clean. Silver and white top that list. Plus it'll match my cobra.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals