• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What should I pay to get a good deal?

Salvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for putting up with me 'cause I'm new around here and slightly slow in the world of mechanics. My cousin has a 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT which he parked out in his field for about a year and a half. Everything looks pretty good with it, nice 32" tires and roomy, clean inside. Only thing is, it won't start. He's charging his battery now, and I'm pretty sure he won't have much problems turning it over once he puts some new gas in it and his battery back. I'm interested in his truck, but I'm kinda' poor right now. If I sold my ranger, I'd have about $1,600 for it. I looked at the KBB and other such sites, considering it's been sitting, and has no stereo by the way, I'm thinking around $2k would be a good offer? What do you all think is fair?
Thanks All, -Salvo.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There are alot of factors to take into consideration when you want to make a fair offer on a used vehicle. When making a buy on the cheaper side, you should obviously start with the condition of the engine, trans, tcase, all the bigger items. After that it's more a matter of adding up smaller details like paint and body condition, interior, etc. You should also take into account how much tread the tires have, and how old they are.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Is it a 3.0 or a 4.0? People love that extra grunt the 4.0 has, and if its a 3.0 FFV (like mine) it comes with it's own set of headaches like Alcohol sensors, different fuel lines and filters, etc. Also, the PVH hubs like to fritz out, so be thorough when you look it over and good luck.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I recently towed home a 1999 Ranger Supercab.
4.0, 4x4 2" body lift 33" BFG A/T-KO's

D-E-A-D 4.0 engine, Price? $500

It belongs to a friend, HE got the deal

AD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals