• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what is needed for a dana 30 swap??

Tyler Brisson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i was wondering what would be needed to do a dana 30 swap? like whats the best dana 30 i could use out of a jeep? do i need new coil buckets, radious arms and or radious arm cross member? and how much labor and what labor is required to do this ? let me know thanks

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Well all depends on what your going to be using your truck for. Theres alot to consider when doing something like this such as what are you going to be using your truck for, tire size, your fab skills, etc..... Theres no define answer to this but reading build threads should help you out and along with this link from our tech. library.

http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/Dana30.htm

Im going to be running coils when I do mine, told its alot better ride. Im also going to be using longarms too for my sawp (ya I paid the money for them $$$$) but in th end I see it as its worth it.

Last edited:

Tyler Brisson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
it is gunna be a dd and a weekend warrior so it does need to be pretty reliable and its going under a 93 extra cab if that helps and runnin 33"s for now. but is there anything i need to get to get it bolted in there???

Last edited:

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
For the love of all things reliable....dont swap in a D30......d44's are cheap.....come on....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals