• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What have you done for your ranger lately?

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That's bad aśś

_dj_

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
Got my front receiver installed and everything put back together. Will post pics in Fab section in a couple of days. Gotta start thinking about what to do next. REALLY needs to be ball joints and upper control arms...

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
Washed and waxed it over the weekend. Cleaned the interior as well.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Little Green is third in line behind cleaning gutters, trimming trees, changing the oil in the wife's Mercury...then it's off to the inspection station ($15), courthouse ($180...including a welcome back to Texas bend over and smile new resident fee of $90...Thanks, Gov. Rickey!!!!), and then the DPS office to deal with the dragon ladies who will want to rake me over the coals in some fashion cause I need to transfer my Mississippi CDL back to Tejas where I earned it. Can you say bleedin' cash???

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I've been doing a lot of burnouts so I don't feel so bad buying new tires. I also did donuts with it for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I bought some donuts the other day for my truck...but it doesn't like cinnamon so I ate them myself...

Other than that...I put on a newer passenger side door and swapped out the ratty trim on my driver door with one from a 92...I will be replacing the driver side door soon and and finally will have new(er) door trim for the windows...I always disliked that little metal clip they put on the first gen Rangers...

Soon I will be replacing the motor, steering column, wiring and bed...and the dash if it works out...hopefully within the next two or three weeks...or sooner...

1993rangerxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 banger 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Let's see... Replaced p/s return line that resulted in steering box blowing up in my face! Head, rear axle, clutch, including master cylinder, brakes, calipers & lines, drums rear, wheel cylinder, wheel bearing all around, seat, headlight switch, battery, a/c everything, ujoints, and more. What would you expect from a 21year old truck that I have owned and abused for the last 17 years?
Hoping to do a 3.8 swap and an explorer rear end & springs, plus a whole lot more!

GMitchell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Replaced clutch. pressure plate, slave and master cylinder. Also replaced the flywheel. Next will be the water pump, belts and a tune up.

Elutheros

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Working on my 3" body lift in preparation for the 5.0 install. Nasty work, but I finally got all the old body mounts off and its sitting on the lift kit. I have to get some big washers to finish the job. Still have to do the bed also. Then I have to adjust the ugly bumpers. Found the billet grill in the JY last week--it will help me move the condenser and radiator forward when I do the swap.

[/URL][/IMG]

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
new drivers side power window motor and regulator assembly, mine would make "skipping" noises and wouldnt raise the window all the way up without help, was worried it would die altogether and be stuck down. was only about $68 for the assembly which surprized me, a few years back i did the passenger side, just the motor and it was close to $100 then. worst thing was grinding off the rivits, the kit didnt come with new hardware so i found some 1/4-20 x 1/2 stove bolts to put things back together with. took the old motor apart when i finished the job, didnt really see anything obvious wrong, figured i had missing/worn teeth on a gear somewhere.

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
new drivers side power window motor and regulator assembly, mine would make "skipping" noises and wouldnt raise the window all the way up without help, was worried it would die altogether and be stuck down. was only about $68 for the assembly which surprized me, a few years back i did the passenger side, just the motor and it was close to $100 then. worst thing was grinding off the rivits, the kit didnt come with new hardware so i found some 1/4-20 x 1/2 stove bolts to put things back together with. took the old motor apart when i finished the job, didnt really see anything obvious wrong, figured i had missing/worn teeth on a gear somewhere.
I just did my passenger side. Motor was good, but the teeth on the regulator were stripped at the "up" position. Parts store wanted $50 for a new regulator with no motor, and the Pick a Part was asking $26 for one with a motor. Guess where I went...?

I must have an oddball truck or something. I checked Rockauto for part #s and everything ended with the same six or so digits over several years for Rangers and Explorers, but nothing on the lot looked like what I have. I checked about 14 different Explorers, Rangers, and even a couple of Expeditions, just for good measure, but nothing matched. I grabbed one that was mostly pulled to see if I could hammer something together and headed home.

Well, it was completely incompatible with my regulator, so I ended up cleaning the stripped area, adding some metal with the welder, grinding it down to get the arc close to right, and filing new teeth into it with a triangular file. It works! Darn near good as new. You can see a small shudder in the window as the gear contacts the new teeth, but it rolls up and down all the way with no problem.

I also welded some 1/4" bolts in place of the rivets for easier removal next time I have to get in there. Should have taken some pictures.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I got some monster joints for my next phase. Planning to get a pair of 9 ton axles later this year along with a new custom frame & suspension...

SVT

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Reply to Thread

I SCRAPPED my running Ranger '87 after I rear ended a feller. Sold it to the parts yard to pay for the tow.....

The other one, a '83 is on blocks, axles/engine/transmission/tires gone, has a camper shell and using for storage of antique ranger parts, and propane tanks.... eventually will get scrapped once the frame rust into pieces.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I need to tighten up the Rat's exhaust. Garden season is here, so it will see some use. Also the rear brakes aren't self adjusting. I am gonna hafta do it the old fashioned way. I used it to pull some 8' weeds last week. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals