• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Looked at houses. One is promising, one was not me, another needs a bulldozer, not a buyer...

AJ

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Lincoln and I have made the heart wrenching executive decision that we’re going to have to put the ‘Raith on hold. ☹😤

Can you believe the Carlisle Truck Nationals are 90 days away. If all the planets lined up perfectly, I could finish the ‘Raith, finish the improvements on the Road Ranger and it’s step trailer, do some desperately needed maintenance on my three Lincolns, get my deferred home maintenance caught up, keep Sweet Pea happy, - ? ! -

WHA?? WAIT A MINUTE!!! I could never keep Sweet Pea happy for 90 days!

And, when was the last time the planets lined up more than two at a time?

I did some of the big fixes, changes and additions on the Road Ranger as soon as I got back from Carlisle last year. I played with it a little, and then moved on to other projects, since there was just a “little bit” more to do. I was thinking about what a “little bit“ was while I did the ‘Raith fenders for the third/fourth time, I did the front wheels two/three times, etc., for the last few weeks….

In the last few weeks, I’ve been kicked in the shins by life a few times, had some unexpected good but distracting things come up in my day job in real estate, and I had a few bad health days. The bad health days, maybe a blessing in disguise, they had me sitting for a couple days and I had time to think everything out a little bit.

Ain’t no way I’m gonna get the ‘Raith done, the upgrades on the Road Ranger done, some urgently needed home maintenance, my day job and adult person obligations before August 2. Something had to give.

So I’m laying the ‘Raith to rest for now. (Get it, laid to rest? Hahaha). That doesn’t mean bringing it to Carlisle is dead. (Hahaha).

I’m going to shift my emphasis back to the Road Ranger, and hopefully get it where I want it to be. And then some of the adult person responsibilities. If by some chance, I have enough time to get the ‘Raith to a point where I can move it, I’ll bring it along, but that seems unlikely at the moment.

I’m also thinking of getting a banner:

“ ‘Raith at Nationals in ‘25! ”

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Was on the way home from work and got a call that her escape has a flat tire, so I drive to her work to change it, she had everything out & ready to go. Got the piece out, not sure what it is/was. its heavy for it size, sticks to a magnet well. almost looks like a key of some sort. Got it plugged & put back on. Holding air so far, hope it’s still at 34 pounds in the morning. Heres a picture of that “tire deflater”.

IMG_7965.jpeg

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I managed to get my property mowed with the lawn tractor today before it got to brush hog territory. Still need to do something about a brush hog and there is a bunch of work that needs done before the poison ivy starts really going. Just what I needed, more to do! :tease:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Was on the way home from work and got a call that her escape has a flat tire, so I drive to her work to change it, she had everything out & ready to go. Got the piece out, not sure what it is/was. its heavy for it size, sticks to a magnet well. almost looks like a key of some sort. Got it plugged & put back on. Holding air so far, hope it’s still at 34 pounds in the morning. Heres a picture of that “tire deflater”.

View attachment 110314
looks a little bit like one of those tubes/points they use on the police spike strips. What was she doing before you called her?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"

View attachment 110314
Just looks like a piece of scrap from torching steel to me

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
looks a little bit like one of those tubes/points they use on the police spike strips. What was she doing before you called her?
just on her daily commute, was ok when she left the house, must of picked it up on her way in. Tire held air overnight. Seems like new tires always are prone to getting stuff in them but wore out ones dont. go figure. At least she didn’t try to drive home on it.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
there is a bunch of work that needs done before the poison ivy starts really going. :tease:

dang. poison ivy is terrible. pants, long sleeves, neck gaiter, hat, gloves, and glasses for that stuff

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Just watching the news as I wake up with Lincoln, and something popped up and I thought of you guys. I’ve worked with law-enforcement here and there through my career.

I may have a line on a bunch of new, barely used, pop up tents and canopies. Must pick up at Columbia in the east or UCLA in the west.

I’ll get more information

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
dang. poison ivy is terrible. pants, long sleeves, neck gaiter, hat, gloves, and glasses for that stuff
Even worse than poison ivy is wild parsnip. You look at that stuff wrong and it burns you.
Well, technically, it doesn’t burn you. It just makes your skin about 50x more sensitive to the sun wherever the oil has touched, so after just a minute or so you get horrible burns and blisters.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
i have never even heard of that. we have stinging nettle all over here. my yard is swamped with it so sometime i am going ot have to use round up on it and pull the plant roots once the bodies are killed off.

we had dirt brought in last year and the guy must have gotten it from a wild field because once it rained on that dirt, our grass became nettle

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
i have never even heard of that. we have stinging nettle all over here. my yard is swamped with it so sometime i am going ot have to use round up on it and pull the plant roots once the bodies are killed off.

we had dirt brought in last year and the guy must have gotten it from a wild field because once it rained on that dirt, our grass became nettle
Yeah, it’s not fun. It looks similar to Queen Anne’s lace, but yellow flowers not white.

If you handle it at night and then wash yourself really well, it’s fine actually.
The summer camp I work at over the summers past (and this one) has it everywhere, it’s super invasive up in the Midwest.

As maintenance, part of our job is to deal with it. So we go out after sundown with pants and long sleeves, and put it all in a trash bag after we pick it out of the ground. Then we shower thoroughly, and I’ve never been butned

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
We have wild raspberry vines that have hairs all over them. Those things will give you a mean rash that burns like a mother.
Luckily it’s not an oil so it doesn’t spread.

Don’t worry I’ve got poison oak, ivy, and sumac to make up for that.

The joys of rural mountain living.

For the stuff that has oil. I use a pumice soda that is like a heavy degreaser. Called Tecnu Extreme. I found it once after I got poisoned all over the top half of my body and wanted to die.

If I’ve been playing in the yard I’ll just take a cold shower and scrub the whole body with it. Magic.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Both my property and my parents was overgrown with poison ivy. For the most part it’s been beat back into the woods, but it’s still an ongoing battle. I try to spray the crap out of what I can as early in the year as possible

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Both my property and my parents was overgrown with poison ivy. For the most part it’s been beat back into the woods, but it’s still an ongoing battle. I try to spray the crap out of what I can as early in the year as possible
My parents moved to a house they had built in the middle of an oak forest when I was around 10. The soil was very sandy, so the lawnless cleared area was awesome for my brother and I to play with our Tonka trucks; a two-acre sandbox! Apparently the sand was full of poison ivy roots and my Brother and I basically spent our childhood summers constantly on prednisone as we couldn't shake it otherwise. We are both over 6ft. but the rest of my family is a good bit shorter, and Mom always joked that was the reason why. Oddly enough my Mom and Sister aren't allergic and never had issues with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals