• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Currently putting the pressure washer carb back together. Fingers crossed it works...
I bought an electric power washer specifically to wash the mud off my SxS… I haven’t bothered firing up the gas one in the 5 years since. I use the electric one for everything.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I finished getting TRS-2 back to Jim in Gatlinburg, TN. Then got a pizza, walked around a few minutes getting drenched in sweat. Visited 2 distilleries. Bought a 6-pack. Got back in the truck as the severe thunderstorm warnings began and drive back to SC in the rain so I could unload the truck in the rain.

20230807_170639.jpg

20230807_170634.jpg

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
Polished the Merkur (yesterday) and now it has the nicest paint of any car I have ever owned...

IMG_20230807_121711455_HDR.jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I put a new carb... fuel lines and filter... also a spark plug in my Echo string trimmer.

Two pulls... running. Had to adjust the high speed screw a smidgen.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I took the Choptop out between rain today, stopped at the neighbors to pick up something someone dropped there by mistake (they’re used to it, GPS used to drop everyone almost at their doorstep even though they are 2 houses down), got a check in the bank, picked up some beer and cigars and got home before it rained again. So, with this check, I’d like to see the green Ranger back on the road. So that’s happening. Also should get me the donor for the F-150, a gas tank and the other two tires for the Choptop, and a re-stock on some electrical stuff. So stay tuned cuz I got work to do…

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Went to leave for work and as I stopped at the end of the driveway I hear this noise, Left front hubcap fell off. Weird. I love these ‘70’s styled hubcaps but this is the 2nd one of these to come off. The 1st one I never did find, in fact the one that fell off today was the fleabay replacement for the one I lost. Think I will just remove them all and put them up. Went and looked at a used equinox. 2018, turbo 1.5 gas. She loves it. It may replace the hhr thats not good for anything right now besides softner salt storage.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I replaced a burned out ballast and cleaned all the flourescent tubes and reflectors in my garage. Now I need sunglasses.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
Got a flaming hawaiin pizza and picked up another couple pounds of soap base.

Also, the mazda6 didn't want to start in park.

Car started in neutral, ate the whole 12" flaming pizza, and made 20 more bars of soap.

The flaming pizza had the normal ham and pinneapple but also had bacon bits and Sriracha peppers. It took two slices to realize the burn was picking up and it stayed for about 10 minutes after the last slice but boy was it good.

The soap base is to make 300 bars of soap for a friend's yearly bicycle ride through the amish part of beeville texas, and some other country miles. Each person who signs up gets a grab bag of thing, t-shirt, water bottle, different little coupons and stuff, and now a bee related bar of soap that will say "tour de honey 2023".

20230804_172805.jpg

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Went to work. Lefdt early to inspect damage from a dead tree falling on the house last night. Fortunately it was well rotted. Bent some of the metal roof and flashing. Water may be able to get under the flashing before I can get it replaced, but the metal roof was installed over existing shingles that wasn't terrible yet so it'll hold. A piece of flashing and maybe a single piece of tin will have it fixed up.

The worst damage was to the vinyl siding. Tree busted through and hit the foam board. Fortunately all of that damage was restricted to a single piece of siding, so if I can find some matching it will be easy to replace. For now I grabbed a roll of the Gorilla brand version of flex tape and patched over the cracks until the weather cools off a bit. and rain clears out for a few weeks.

I bought an electric power washer specifically to wash the mud off my SxS… I haven’t bothered firing up the gas one in the 5 years since. I use the electric one for everything.
(y) I buy electric pressure washers so I've got one less thing to fool with bad gas and small carbs in. Don't need use the pressure washer often, but it's handy to have when I do, so keep one around. Don't use it often enough to keep the gas and carbs nice. Electric works well enough.

I'd go for other electric yard equipment, but the 18 volt Ryobi weedeater just doesn't have enough torque for some stuff. I have one and it does great for light stuff but thicker stuff is too much and it can't handle brush cutting. The bigger electrics (IE: 40v Ryobi) would probably do it, but I'm not investing in a new battery type just for the weedeater. The electric mowers are interesting, but some of the places I cut would kill the direct drive electric motor and I haven't seen electrics with belt drive. I've even thinking about buying a commetcial push mower for the belt drive, because I've killed a couple of consumer grade units that are direct drive. If I could find an old Kazoo (in decent shape, affordable, and local) it would be perfect for me.

On almost all of this small engine stuff I won't even fool with"fixing" the carburetor. Drain and clean the bowl, clean the needle and seat, that's about it. If it needs more than that, buy another one for <$20 to slap on for a few more years of use. Since we started using the canned pre-mix gas we haven't had near as many issues though.

Last edited:

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It was like that when I found it.
Lost power at 4:45 PM yesterday. Enjoyed the peace and quiet last night but still no power this AM. Those storms were quite impressive.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Storms were not bad here, but we lost power too. This year it seems we've been loosing power whenever a squirrel farts.

Waited until I was going to go to bed and still no power So I turned the Generator on since I didn't know how long the power was going to be out and didn't want my basement to get flooded again.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I tore apart and stripped the paint off of a Matchbox Nissan D21. Gonna lower it, paint it, and swapp the wheels :devilish:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals