• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Water Leaks

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
To begin with I know my roof seams are busted and caused my roof liner to get wet. I started taking all the interior out and found some new areas of interest. Both kick panels are currently wet. The back of the computer was starting to rust. I also noticed some foam inserts in the both kick panel body pockets/next to your feet. Those are soaked with rain ! The drivers side was hard to get out so I had to pry back a wiring harness then use a long screw driver to wedge that one out. On that same side I noticed a long piece of rubber insulation behind the door hinge. Does anyone have advice on how to get that out so I don't have to remove the door or fender ?
Thanks

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
There is another spot or two I'd like to make you all aware of and thats the rear wheel wells. At the top center of the wheel well/ tread area is a hole. If you don't see a hole then you may see a little rubber nipple from the plug. If so, your lucky because mine are out. From what I can tell it doesn't take much to push them out such as a slinging gravel/mud ect... So, all of my interior is out I've notice when driving in the rain the tire throws water up inside which then runs down to the rear floorboard and behind the door jam.

The other is behind the rear tires/under the gas cap. If you look under the truck there is Seam Sealer that joins two sheet metal pieces. If that Seam Sealer cracks it lets water in but not out. Ask me how I know. To make the situation worse, there is a second layer of foam sealant under that first layer which acts like a sponge. At this point I've just cleaned it all out and put aluminum foil tape/Metal Duct Tape there to keep the tire from slinging water inside. If you pay attention to the design, the gas filler neck lets water in then it can't escape easy which makes the situation more frustrating. Atleast with tape I can peal it off to let air in and clean it out if needed. A true fix would be drill the gas filler neck mount/sheet metal to drain better or cut it off completely. I thought about a mud flap but thats a weird shaped area. If anyone else as resolved this issue please share.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals