• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Warning dont buy these!!

mlw20lu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Normally im not one to bash products but i will say this. DO NOT BUY KUHMO ROAD VENTURE MT. i have a 01 edge w/ fabtech lift. i got the kuhmos in 32/11.5r15 and they royally suck. i have about 13k on them and they are about 75% gone. i had my bfg mt's for 53k before i replaced them. they are a total waste of money even though they look cool as hell. soon as they are done im throwin on 5 more inches in front with 35x13r18 toyo's. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
you should check your alignment,BTW toyos are expensive and don't last long either

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
If you want a tire that will wear well on the road, get BFGs. They suck in everything but snow. But they wear great on the road.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Normally im not one to bash products but i will say this. DO NOT BUY KUHMO ROAD VENTURE MT. i have a 01 edge w/ fabtech lift. i got the kuhmos in 32/11.5r15 and they royally suck. i have about 13k on them and they are about 75% gone. i had my bfg mt's for 53k before i replaced them. they are a total waste of money even though they look cool as hell. soon as they are done im throwin on 5 more inches in front with 35x13r18 toyo's. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up
most everything named MT shoudlnt be expected to have long highway life....if ur gonna be mall crawlin with your tires why not just get a SR or AT......

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual

TireIron

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
also how much do really epect from a tire that costs 85 bucks each brand new? Yes I may bay 165 bucks each for my BFG ATs but I consistently get 60K-80K miles out of each set. If I want a tire for offroad I will throw a set of cheap muds on some cheap steel rims and not expect them to last long or ride nice because they are not designed to do those things anyway.

now a better question, how were kuhmos offroad and in the mud?

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
What?

The Toyo MTs last forever...
most guys put them on fullsize trucks, wipe them off in a hurry commuting and then bitch at the shop they bought them at,i see it all the time.rangers are lighter but can scrub tires fast too.for 200$ each they better last forever,i don't think i'll ever get any.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
also how much do really epect from a tire that costs 85 bucks each brand new? Yes I may bay 165 bucks each for my BFG ATs but I consistently get 60K-80K miles out of each set. If I want a tire for offroad I will throw a set of cheap muds on some cheap steel rims and not expect them to last long or ride nice because they are not designed to do those things anyway.

now a better question, how were kuhmos offroad and in the mud?
who wants to bet that the tires never saw anything more then a slightly dusty trail

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I've had the same Kumho's on my Ranger for over a year before the lift and thought they were great. They were awesome off road as well as decent on pavement. They're currently on my buddies exploder now and still have lots of life left, easilly over 60% tread. I put 34 SS LTB's on, and within less than a 100 kilometers on them I ran a frikking broken beer bottle right through one. (frikking asshats that like to smash their beer bottles out on the trails should be shot)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
.....Yes I may bay 165 bucks each for my BFG ATs.....
Is that for the 31's your running....he he he.....

I just picked up a set of 33x12.50x15's for 100 a piece....he he he

98ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
it doesnt matter how crappy the tire is, if it is 75% worn at 13k miles there is something else wrong, most likely alignment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals