• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vibration between 60 and 70 mph ???

Tagg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just sold a 1996 2wd 2.3L 5spd and purchased a 1996 4x4 4.0L automatic extended cab. Both trucks have the same problem, a vibration in the steering wheel between 60 and 70 mph. The 2wd had the shocks replaced and the tires balanced. The 4x4 just had all ball joints and a tierod changed, the tires balanced and the rotors and pads changed out. STILL the same problem on both before and after repairs. Also both vehicles where checked by transmission shop for worn out universals. Whats going on here ? To have 2 trucks with same problem somebody else had to have it and gotten it fixed !!!:headbang:

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have the problem but its my ball joints you could check out your rack and pinion

dangerranger2008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i had the same thing happen check and see if there is a flat spot on the tires thats is what happend to my truck.

Coleosis

I have the same thing...my 95 2wd only shakes 65-70 when it is flat...up or down hill it doesnt shake USUALLY. I got new tires and balanced them three times...once at a different shop.

Tagg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Could Be

Both of the trucks sat for a while. The 2wd probably for 5-6 months and the 4x4 for close to a year. :dunno: Therefore it possibly is in the tires. (flatspots) The tires are in very good shape on the 4x4 so it will be a while before they are changed out. Thanks.:beer:

mht95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 95 has the same thing going on. After looking at all the normal stuff to look at I found out my radius arm bushings are toast. have not replaced them yet but only thing I can think of that cause that. Just my .02 worth.

schmoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83 2.8 ranger
Make / Model
84 2.3 4x4 rang
Transmission
Manual
out of round tires and bent wheels can
be balanced but still vibrate. try rotating
the tires front to rear, one side at a time.
also, try putting the tires with the biggest
balance weights on the back.
people used to true tires with a big grinder.

hauser775

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ford truck death wobble! Everyone I know including myself with a ford pickup has the wobble at 60-70mph

NorCalBronco

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My wobble is now in between 45-55 mpg. It got worse when I lifted it. I have replaced all bushings in the front end, and now the tires with no effect on it. Same deal. Next up is one piece drive shaft...

fleming2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got the same damn thing going on! Even before I did my 2 inch lift. I thought I had some weak springs causing it, that wasnt it. I upgraded to single peice shaft, that wasnt it. I going to have my tires checked out, I may hane bent a rim (Im hoping) while enjoying an abanded subdivision in Romeo. (Thank you shitty economy:)) But I doubt it. I was also thinking about the Rad. arm bushings. I will check with a tech at work to find out and report back.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals