• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Various issues 2003 ranger edge, (mostly electric)

ChargerOnDavins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
two 2003, 1 200
Make / Model
3 Ford & 1 Dodg
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Tremor edition 2wd with 130,000 miles.

It has some rust on the front bumper, where can I find a ford ranger edge bumper? any ideas?

Also, the fog lights don't work. Could they both just be out? I haven't checked fuse yet.

The door lock is wierd, it locks just fine but won't UNlock. (driver's side)

The driver's side window also rolls up slower than the passenger side. Any ideas?

Also rear bumper is bent downward a bit... new bumper? Or could new brackets fix?

No HUGE problems, just trying to figure out some insight on these issues.

The window on my charger is slow on pass side, always been that way. My 2003 explorer doesn't have the same issues. Thought I'd run it by you guys.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Tremor edition 2wd with 130,000 miles.

It has some rust on the front bumper, where can I find a ford ranger edge bumper? any ideas?

Also, the fog lights don't work. Could they both just be out? I haven't checked fuse yet.

The door lock is wierd, it locks just fine but won't UNlock. (driver's side)

The driver's side window also rolls up slower than the passenger side. Any ideas?

Also rear bumper is bent downward a bit... new bumper? Or could new brackets fix?

No HUGE problems, just trying to figure out some insight on these issues.

The window on my charger is slow on pass side, always been that way. My 2003 explorer doesn't have the same issues. Thought I'd run it by you guys.
For the front bumper I would check the junkyards in your area to see if they have a good one. If not there you can check ebay, craigslist, lmctruck.com, or stuffforyouranger.com (sp?).

The fog lamps could be anything in the circuit. Check the fuse, and bulbs to see if their burnt out. If not those then I'd check the switch then the wires for continuity and voltage.

My locks do the same thing, try cleaning the contacts. If that doesn't work it may be the switch.

Pop the door panel and check the track for rust, debris, etc. My passenger side was the same way, just needed to be wire brushed to get rid of some rust build up. I sprayed mine with a dry-film lubricant afterwards.

What a bit? Could be that the bumper is rolled, or the bracket is bent. Compare the bracket to the other side and see if they look different.

Hope this helps.

ChargerOnDavins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
two 2003, 1 200
Make / Model
3 Ford & 1 Dodg
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for your help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals