• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ultimate Adventure 2010

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this or not, but I just got my hands on the UA 2010 DVD (I work on the ferry that couldn't take them across because the water was too low but they gave us copies of the DVD anyway) and I am pleased to say there is a 97 ranger and an 86 BII, both reader rides. Wonder if those guys are on here? The Bronco II guy sucked water into his motor at Rausch Creek and the whole group pitched in to buy him a new engine that the ranger guy found for him 80 miles away. Gotta love the fellowship of the RBV.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
yeah there both on here i cant remember the guy with the b2s name or the ranger but there here

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
the guy with the ranger is wahlstrom1 or something like that and the guy with the b2 is bisquick something, cant remember exactly

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
bisquick53 or 57 i cant remember, his name is shay stepp

ranger is on here i just saw his "what are u fabricating" post today, he is making a transmission xmember

i saw shay's b2 in the readers rigs section the day i went and test drove my b2. when i saw that pic i went the next day and bought my rig. a few months later i grabbed the new petersons from the store. i always grab the new issues without looking at it, i know ill like it lol. and got home and looked thru it and was like sweet, b2 hotness

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Shay would be '59bisquik', and ya he's here. I'm the other dude that went on the trip. The ferry crossing would have been cool, sorry we couldnt make it.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
my all-time dream is to attend the UA, ive been following the UA since the 1st one in 99 my sophmore year and built my jeep to attend. i hate to say it but it finally got to the point to where i woulda been able to do it. the job i had was good enough to take off for a week.

final product
95 YJ 350/383 425hp @3270rpm 417 ft lbs at 2800 rpm
d60 f/r locked 35 spline
sm465 with granny low, 205/203 doubler
full cage
10ish" of lift via SOA and bastard leaf packs 3/4 ellip rear 102" wheelbase
1350 ujoint tom woods shafts
38.5x15.50x15 bogger ground down caplipers for 15" rims
OBA, OBW, boatside tub
fox resi's
comp cut rear, cut front fenders
alot more

plenty more and wasnt affraid of body damage. sold it in 03 for $11,500 cash a week after the forms come out to apply for the UA. biggest mistake i've ever made.

well one day im gonna do it, and hopefully with the b2:thefinger:

but yeah looks like alot of fun, i dont mind wrenching alot and breaking just to get a chance to wheel with some of the best of the best

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's my dream vacation to just go wheeling for a week with the 4wheel&offroad gang

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And can u make me a copy of that DVD?

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Yup...it was Andrew and I. I wasnt at the ferry crossing since I was changing an engine in New Jersey! Definitely a trip of a lifetime!

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this or not, but I just got my hands on the UA 2010 DVD (I work on the ferry that couldn't take them across because the water was too low but they gave us copies of the DVD anyway) and I am pleased to say there is a 97 ranger and an 86 BII, both reader rides. Wonder if those guys are on here? The Bronco II guy sucked water into his motor at Rausch Creek and the whole group pitched in to buy him a new engine that the ranger guy found for him 80 miles away. Gotta love the fellowship of the RBV.
I got to meet those guys....

When they came to pick up the replacement 4.0 engine.

I'm kinda sorry I left the clutch and flywheel on it as the Bronco2 was an automatic.

Yup...it was Andrew and I. I wasnt at the ferry crossing since I was changing an engine in New Jersey! Definitely a trip of a lifetime!
Wanna hear a funny one (but true)? I had another engine in the bed of my truck
probably before you got to New Jersey

AD

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Thanks again Allan!!
We ended up stripping both motors down to the long blocks, extracting 3 exhaust studs and still drove it out of the shop in 8 hours! :yahoo:

On a side note...I was very proud of my home built B2. Besides drowning an engine which was just the way it goes sometimes and set of aluminum lift blocks... I didnt replace a single drivetrain component. No locker, driveshaft, hubs, axle or u-joint breakage at all!! Anybody that has seen the DVD knows how much broken stuff there was on this trip!!

Last edited:

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah there was definitely a lot of breakage on that trip. The whole time I was watching it though I couldn't help but think those good years just weren't aggressive enough for some of the terrain, although the rigs did have to do a considerable amount of highway driving

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals