• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Two questions.

DriverSideImpact

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
UP FIRST: I want to put the 1993 Ranger's two spoke steering wheel (w/o cruise & tilt) in my 1996.

I have loved the Ford two spoke design since my first vehicle (89 F250)

Is it an easy swap? The 96 has the driver airbag (airbag light is on and blinks occasionally and I dont really care if tis there or not). Neither truck has cruise or tilt.

QUESTION TWO: Are the ignition/key switches interchangeable from truck to truck? My 96 DD dings randomly when the door is open with or without the key in it. And You dont need the key to start it... I don't like this... haha.

The 93 will probably get a push button start (that question will come at a later date) because its going to be in the demo derbies. Unless the swap is real easy... then it might just get the keyless ignition.

DriverSideImpact

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Dohh! Never thought to look there.

Ok looked on LMC... they have aftermarket steering wheels from 83-92 and 93-94 (probably because 95+ had airbags). And they had they had all stock steering wheels...but I'm not sure what to look for because they just give the years that are direct replacements.

Ignition cylinders... 83 and 84-92, Rng/BII 93-94 Rng. and thats it.

Last edited:

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
you can get a new key lock pretty cheap at the auto parts store, and also if you don't want it to chime, the just unplug the one wire that is hooked to the lock itself.

best way to tell if you can swap the wheels is to just take them off an try, there is only two screws and then one bolt.

Robert

DriverSideImpact

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Ok well I guess this is just one of those things I gotta pull them off and see what i find...

DriverSideImpact

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Well, that solves that... i more or less touched the outside of the cylinder (where you put your finger/thumb to turn it) on the 93...and the damn thing fell off and the key wont fit in it anymore. So its getting a push button and I'm just getting a new cylinder for my 96.

ANyone have any experience with the steering wheel swap (or putting an aftermarket SW) on an airbag equipped Ranger?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals