• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Two piston brake upgrade brake hose

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm working on my '94 non abs 2wd Ranger. I'm upgrading the front brakes to newer two piston calipers. It has a 4" drop bracket lift on it and that's why I'm having trouble finding a thread with the correct info to get the right brake line. When I put the lift on it I got 4wd brake lines to give me the length that it needed to deal with the lift. They are the 17" lines. I'm looking for a hose from another vehicle that'll work and I can get at a local parts store. It looks like it'll need to be at least 22-23". I'm in the middle of this and it's my dd. So any quick and accurate info will be greatly appreciated and put to good use. I attached some pics as they didn't show up when I inserted the images.

Attachments

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
P.S. The truck is on jack stands on the frame and is not being supported by the jack at the front. It's there just in case :)

Last edited:

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Look in the tech section, they have info for what chevy brake line works and different things

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, idk how i missed that in the tech section. I live in there. I'm going to the parts store tonight to get it sorted out.

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The t block is damn expensive around me, about $16, I had to take a flap disc to the end of the brake line, or you could clearance your caliper either way its only like a 16th to an 8th that needs to be took off

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
update

I realize this took entirely too long. I ordered parts after I couldn't find them in town. I bought the chevy lines and a t block and put the t block behind the coil bucket for a factory look. It turned out great, so far, and I'm hoping the upgrade will last the life of the factory style brakes. As it should. Oh, the passenger side brake line decided to get stuck in the hard line that feeds it. That slowed me down the most as I was ill prepared to handle flaring the line after I cut it. So I waited to receive the appropriate tools and handled my biz. Hope this helps someone in the future. This wasn't as cheap as anticipated, however, I have better brakes at a fraction of the cost it would take to replace the stock ones at a brake shop. Happy motoring. :)

Attachments

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
total cost was about two weeks of frustration. haha. I think it was around $160 after the core for the calipers. Oh, plus $80 for the spindles at the junkyard. So, $240 total. In that neighborhood.

burdman133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i think the spindles lowered my truck a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals