• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Tech Library Strikes again!

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted to say a big thank you to TRS and the TECH LIBRARY. I changed my fuel filter today because #1 I bought the truck with 129,000 miles on it and did not know if it had been changed before and for under $20 why not? #2 The truck just started having really rough idle (almost to the point of stalling) at different times- always at a redlight. I attributed it to this one particular gas station I had been refueling at for the last 3-4 fill ups. (I cleaned the MAF and the IAC- so I narrowed down to the fuel filter)
In case you are wondering- it is the 7-11 in Elton MD right off 95.
So back to my original sentiment. It is because of the tech library on how to change the fuel filter was successful at completing it without making multiple visits to the auto parts store. I read the article, got the right tools, identified the plug on the passenger floor to disconnect to relieve the fuel pressure and was able to get er done. The only thing about the tool that confused me was how it actually works- youtube provided that answer HERE
another successful DIY project thanks to TRS!

by the way- when I poured the remaining gas out of the filter it was muddy brown!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Cool...glad you found what you needed...the muddy brown could have been from rust...I've seen that on my own truck at times, but when you're 22 years old (in truck years, that's about 2200 human years) you get kinda rusty...all over...:)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just wanted to say a big thank you to TRS and the TECH LIBRARY. I changed my fuel filter today because #1 I bought the truck with 129,000 miles on it and did not know if it had been changed before and for under $20 why not? #2 The truck just started having really rough idle (almost to the point of stalling) at different times- always at a redlight. I attributed it to this one particular gas station I had been refueling at for the last 3-4 fill ups. (I cleaned the MAF and the IAC- so I narrowed down to the fuel filter)
In case you are wondering- it is the 7-11 in Elton MD right off 95.
So back to my original sentiment. It is because of the tech library on how to change the fuel filter was successful at completing it without making multiple visits to the auto parts store. I read the article, got the right tools, identified the plug on the passenger floor to disconnect to relieve the fuel pressure and was able to get er done. The only thing about the tool that confused me was how it actually works- youtube provided that answer HERE
another successful DIY project thanks to TRS!

by the way- when I poured the remaining gas out of the filter it was muddy brown!

How is it running now, Bro?? Better?

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
How is it running now, Bro?? Better?
yup, seems to idle smoothly now. I drove it around the corner and it seemed fine. Will know for sure when I have to drive down to Baltimore on Tuesday (I am in south Jersey)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals