• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Banner Across North America 2012 - Alaska to Key West Florida (OFFICIAL)

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If it comes anywhere near New Jersey, I would like to help.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so.......ferry.......or........Umiak with a Ford emblem glued to the bow?
Well, iirc, it's primarily member transported, second is rbv transported

Sent from somewhere naughty!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Yo'......... weezl.......get a pic of you sleeping next to a wolverine under a tree using the banner for a blanket....you deserve it after waiting this long

:icon_bounceblue:

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Just arrived in the mail today. I'll try to round up some Anchorage members to get a pic and signatures and then try to figure out how to get it to the Arctic Ocean and on to Canada!
I know you gonna get lotsa pics crb_......sigs/members/mountains/glaciers/dipping it in the artic ocean/chipping the ice off it!!!!

:yahoo:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
you can't ship it... that defeats the purpose of the whole thing! the purpose of the banner is to have it cross the continent by no other means than hand to hand, from member to member...
Well, of course...as much as possible...we are talking about thousands of miles...not that I wouldn't try to do a long stretch myself but can't speak for everybody...

It would be nice if we could do hand offs all the way...

Yo'......... weezl.......get a pic of you sleeping next to a wolverine under a tree using the banner for a blanket....you deserve it after waiting this long

:icon_bounceblue:
I don't think he's waited ten years...I totally missed the first go round but thought it was USA only so didn't do more than peak at that thread...sniff...

Ah, well, maybe this is my punishment...

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Well, of course...as much as possible...we are talking about thousands of miles...not that I wouldn't try to do a long stretch myself but can't speak for everybody...

It would be nice if we could do hand offs all the way...

I don't think he's waited ten years...I totally missed the first go round but thought it was USA only so didn't do more than peak at that thread...sniff...

Ah, well, maybe this is my punishment...
Mark...we're talkin bout weezl here..don't you remember how when you were a kid---a month seemed like forever!!!

So.....how's crb_ doing with organizing a signing up yonder in Anchorage?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
OK, I need to get it from Alaska to Canada. I can fly it as far as Northway, not far from the border. I don't have a pasport or a 406mhz transponder in the plane so me crossing the border is out. Anyone able to come a short way into Alaska and pick it up?

Say Jim, I have a buddy that flies cargo out of Anchorage. Any interest of the banner making a trip to Japan/China/Korea? I might be able to make it happen but I'd have to ask...
No. Due to the unique transportation situation of Alaska, it can be flown inside of Alaska, but it can't be flown out of Alaska.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, you are talking close to a 1600 mile round trip from here to the Arctic Ocean and back. I'd love to make the drive again but I just can't spare the time away from work at the moment. Besides, it is still quite frozen up there right now. Until last week, I don't think the North Slope had been above 0*. It is going to have to fly. The highway system up here is VERY limited. We basically have about three major highways, the road into Alaska, the same route the pipeline follows from Valdez to Deadhorse and the highway from Anchorage to Fairbanks and Glennallen where it ties into the others. That is it. The only way to any other part of the state is by plane or a VERY long boat ride.

Like Weez, I'd like to get it to as many Alaskan members as possible while it is here. Maybe all the Anchorage folks can get together for a pic and signing. I know there is at least one member in Fairbanks that wants in.

Unfortunately, May is "aviation month" in Alaska and I'm going to be tied up for a good part of it, at least on the weekends. Hopefully we can get it all worked out. I'll pass the baton if I have to but we'll get it done and on it's way. Canada is going to be the big challenge. The distances are vast. You guys down south have no idea what is involved! Driving from Alaska to the northern US is a good four day trip humping it pretty hard!... One way! Just saying...

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
So how do you pass this from the boarder of alaska to canada? Just throw it over the boarder to the person or let the wind take it and hope they catch it it?

I say a picture of it laying on the boarder would be great going into and out of canada would be great.

Hopefully by the time it makes it to me I will have my v8 swap done.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I do have an idea... As much as I would love to meet all the folks in Anchorage I wouldn't be able to get down there til the 10th of May. But if it came up this way I could drive it down the other way and meet Mike somewhere between anchorage and whitehorse.

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
We used google maps and had an admin create the pins to keep track of people. We will want to have a couple of map admins so when one guy goes on vacation we aren't screwd.

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
O.K. people....let's don't turn this into a Congressional meeting...you northerners had long enough to get a plan together!

SHUT UP CLOWN.....THEY'RE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN!

sorry....i got my meds mixed up....again

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK, one way I might be able to help. I will be taking a fishing trip in canada in late August/ early September. We haven't decided yet where we will be fishing but if it happens to be close to the banner I could pick it up and transport it back into the US. I could bring it all the way down to St. Louis, MO or I could meet someone along the way and they could take it. It wouldn't be in an RBV, but it will be in a new Ecoboost F150.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I do have an idea... As much as I would love to meet all the folks in Anchorage I wouldn't be able to get down there til the 10th of May. But if it came up this way I could drive it down the other way and meet Mike somewhere between anchorage and whitehorse.
Rangernystyle, also in Fairbanks is planning to attend the Valdez STOL competition in early May. If it doesn't get to Fairbanks before then, I'd be happy to pass it to him at that time for you Fairbanks folks. If you are coming to town around the 10th, we could pass it Ranger to Ranger for continuity.

Let me know if you are planning on coming down on or around the 10th and I'll get it to you instead Origional.

The plan was fo rme to fly it to Northway, Alaska where we would be met by Mtn. Mike. If Origional would be willing to drive it to the border for a Ranger/Ranger handoff, that would be GREAT! Nice photo op at the border and a great way to annoy the border guards! :icon_thumby:

Origional, PM me your phone number and we'll works out a plan!

FlyinRyan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Ready to roll if it wants to make a stop in Nova Scotia!

Could give 'er a dip in the Harbour, a little taste of the North Atlantic.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals