• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Traxxas TRX4M High Trail Edition

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
IMG_20230928_181109000_HDR.jpg

I got these super sticky 62mm tires and they're amazing. But Injora posted a Youtube Short about their 64mm Swamp tires and I realized that I have to run the biggest tires I can on this thing. The aluminum axles I have coming are 4mm wider on each side, and the shocks are 59mm hole to hole. So as the rest of the truck grows, I have to use tires that make up for it. This thing is gonna be a beast!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
There are diorama and RC communities on TikTok that would blow your mind. I went into the RC world for about a month. had to back out before it got a strangle hold on me. Looks like you're doing it right tho. I follow a guy ( @ByronRocks ) on tiktok. He has some very cool rigs. They have Crawlwers, like yours, then they have "bashers" that just get abused to hell and back. Some even get as small as 1:64 scale ( Hot Wheel size ) but I like the 1:18, not too big, not too small. The RC community on TIKTOK are always doing "give aways" and fun promos that might interest you, might not. There is some overlap with the hotwheels and the RC communities because we're grown men playing with toys and a lot of the RC guys just grew out of Hot Wheels and into RC cars.

Very cool rig you got there, too bad it's a Chebbie.

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
There are diorama and RC communities on TikTok that would blow your mind. I went into the RC world for about a month. had to back out before it got a strangle hold on me. Looks like you're doing it right tho. I follow a guy ( @ByronRocks ) on tiktok. He has some very cool rigs. They have Crawlwers, like yours, then they have "bashers" that just get abused to hell and back. Some even get as small as 1:64 scale ( Hot Wheel size ) but I like the 1:18, not too big, not too small. The RC community on TIKTOK are always doing "give aways" and fun promos that might interest you, might not. There is some overlap with the hotwheels and the RC communities because we're grown men playing with toys and a lot of the RC guys just grew out of Hot Wheels and into RC cars.

Very cool rig you got there, too bad it's a Chebbie.
If it's any consolation, I got both of my kids each a 1/18 Traxxas Bronco.

I'm currently working on a living room floor size post apocalyptic crawling course. I got it all hot glued together last night and then 2 coats of paint on ot. Today I do fences, grass, logs

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
If it's any consolation, I got both of my kids each a 1/18 Traxxas Bronco.

I'm currently working on a living room floor size post apocalyptic crawling course. I got it all hot glued together last night and then 2 coats of paint on ot. Today I do fences, grass, logs
Last year, for Christmas, I got every one RC cars.
Bezgar RCs.jpg

I got a big 4wd Raptor looking thing ( far right, red ) , got my wife a 2wd Buggy ( blue, center ) and got the 2 girls a Lil' truck each ( yellow, and purple ). I got cheap Bezgar to start with, to see if they liked it as much as me. They didn't, so I got to looking at upgrading my Truck. That's when I realized i was on the "toy" side and not the "hobby" side. Upgrades can get expensive fast. I already have a few expensive habits and hobbies, Rc cars ranging in at over $1,000 is just not in the cards for me, at the momoent.

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Last year, for Christmas, I got every one RC cars.
View attachment 99641

I got a big 4wd Raptor looking thing ( far right, red ) , got my wife a 2wd Buggy ( blue, center ) and got the 2 girls a Lil' truck each ( yellow, and purple ). I got cheap Bezgar to start with, to see if they liked it as much as me. They didn't, so I got to looking at upgrading my Truck. That's when I realized i was on the "toy" side and not the "hobby" side. Upgrades can get expensive fast. I already have a few expensive habits and hobbies, Rc cars ranging in at over $1,000 is just not in the cards for me, at the momoent.
That's what I love about the 18 scale. They're a fifth of the cost. And super fun. The High Trail is such a blast. Next I'm buying some cheapo chinese ones of military trucks and Ill get to customizing them
IMG_20231002_092415550.jpg

Here's a shot of the indoor course I'm building. I was up till 4 am painting it

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
IMG_20230927_191058654_HDR.jpg

This is what I got my kids for xmas this year. Each of my daughter's get a TRX4M 1/18 Bronco. All my spare parts will fit if they break anything

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
IMG_20231002_204025098.jpg

Well the indoor course is pretty much what it will be now. For now. I still haven't taken the plastic out from under it because there's little wet spots of paint still. But aside from some little streetlights that I'm going to get once the dollar store puts their xmas stuff out, it's taking the whole living room up. 🤣

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Does your crawler have a "go-Pro" mount, yet?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Does your crawler have a "go-Pro" mount, yet?
A gopro would tip a rig that small over in a heartbeat haha. There ARE small FPV camera setups he could get though where his phone would be the screen for the camera and video would be saved to the phone.

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
A gopro would tip a rig that small over in a heartbeat haha. There ARE small FPV camera setups he could get though where his phone would be the screen for the camera and video would be saved to the phone.
We might be a bit heavier than that now. I took the entire rig apart and used it all to build an Injora Tarantula. My High Trail is all metal now. Even the axle housings, skid is brass, metal wheels and for a cheat, the wheels will get about 30 copper BBs each
IMG_20231001_155651260_HDR.jpg

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
How much do you think a GoPro wieghs? I see tham all day long with go-pro mounts, on the ticky tok
and
What scale is he running?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
How much do you think a GoPro wieghs? I see tham all day long with go-pro mounts, on the ticky tok
and
What scale is he running?
Depends…
My Hero 9 black is about 1/3 of a pound and my Hero 8 black is about 1/4 of a pound.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals