• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Torque

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am looking for reliable torque specifications for ball joints and tie rods on 3/4 and 1 ton Ford and dodge trucks. I am thinking years would be from mid 90's to almost current.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just Google it, Bro. I have manuals for all my vehicles. You might want to invest in some as well. Best thing since someone invented fork...lol

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have been looking all day and have only came across forums and none were the same. And it isn't for my own vehicle, it is for at work. Before you ask I called our supplier for our books at work but he was no help I even called the place where the parts came from.

I wanted to get a chart to put in the cabinet with our front end parts.

It makes no sense to me that there is a piece of paper with the parts that says to torque them but does not list a torque to set them to.

The closest thing I could find is 70 ft lbs. for the upper and 150 ft lbs. for the lower and that Dodge and Ford were the same, I know that they used the same axles a lot so it makes sense.

Road Angels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
What size are the shanks on the joints, look up specs by bolt size, and tread pitch most any manual will have list in the back of the book, and on a lot of cars and trucks you can not get a torque wench in there and have to use a long shanked box end so you have to go by feel. Remeber these are a tapper fit so the cleaner the better

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals