• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

To whom it may concern

Stromnoodle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Manual
So as a few may know from my previous problem, my engine ended up hydro locked from mudding and even after replacing oil twice and fluids once, new spark plugs and what not it still wasn't running correctly. The problem ended up being my mass air flow sensor, I unscrewed it and it had mud caked up all over it so after a quick clean she runs fine now.

As to my secondary problem my rear end had locked up on me and to my knowledge which wasn't much got some input from yall and other friends with rangers, so after that i seemed quite clear that i had to rebuild the rear end. So after saving a whopping 1300 I take it to a specialty shop and it caught me by surprise, my dif is completely intact and very healthy. The only problem had ended up being my passenger axle shaft and bearings ended up breaking which caused the oil to enter the brake drum and seized that up.

So after a hell of a month of freaking out and saving Its only costing me 450ish to fix the whole problem.

P.S. my ranger has an 8.8 3.73 which is stock but turns out shes open not l/s. for anyone who may think the same thing.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Cool. $450 is a lot of money, but it sure beats $1300. And now you still have $650 saved.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
wow glad everything worked out for you on the repairs. I would say go buy a lotto ticket, but I think you used up your luck on getting your truck back on the road :)

AJ

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I could get you a complete disc brake 8.8 for less than $100 all day long, my yard's full of them...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals