• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

This thingy made me laugh

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
i have seen one of those, on a big r.v. towing a huge trailer with a race car inside. overall not too bad a idea, overpriced but thats the american way aint it?
________
volcano digital

Last edited:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
my thoughts are it would take weight off of the axles that not only power the truck, but also have brakes. If this thingy does not have brakes, it is going to degrade the vehicles stopping power.

half assed is a good assessment of it.

AJ

prls1power

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L ^_^
Transmission
Manual
lol, thats all that needs to be said. :haha:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
seems like it should work, but seems like a bit of a band-aid.

will, i wouldnt think there would be a noticeable effect on braking since weight shift will remove most of the weight from the wheel under braking anyway.
EXACTLY just a quick fix for short distances, anyone who buys a trailer and needs that because the truck cant handle doesnt really use it anyways the real hardcore traielr draggers have equipment that can handle it or jsut drag it bottomed out. Kinda like the magnet ring for your oil filter that increasses HP or the turbonator for the intake LOL

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
That's just so wrong on so many levels.

I don't wanna touch that thing with a 10foot pole.

AD

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess I'll keep my Chevy then. I was hoping my Civic could haul my dozer with this thing.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I guess I'll keep my Chevy then. I was hoping my Civic could haul my dozer with this thing.
Your problem is the lack of "NOS & APC" stickers.....

:thefinger:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What's APC? Armored Personnel Carrier?

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
APC: Autozone Parts == Crap.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Some sort of ricer performance parts store... I see it plastered all over the back windows of cars with fart cans.

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
APC is a manufacturer, they make dress up parts, but the stickers add hp.

Fairplay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
In Praise of the Stinger Hitch [From a Limey. UK]

This appears to me to be an excellent safety device thats badly needed to confront the problem of irresponsible drivers with small towing vehicles [cars, pickups and 4x4s] being hooked up to trailers that are too large, badly overloaded, or stupid to tackle with the towing vehicle they have. It's an ideal device for men who like taking chances, who like adding that extra ton of goods, or who blatantly ignore their tow vehicle or trailers makers maximum gross weight & towing advice.

If you have a crash for any of the reasons given above; it could cost you a fortune, bang goes your car, your trailer, your load and what about yourself, or your familys safety, and if your trailers carrying horses and livestock, they too can get seriously hurt and might need to be humanely destroyed. If I was "an horse", I'd argue shoot the driver, and so would many people of common-sense. If you know your the sort of person who should have one of these devices then get one [drop hints your overdue a birthday present or gift] StingerHitches tackle a huge problem and might just save your childs life, a pedestrian or passer-bys life. I can see this device become law in every State and in the UK. A Limey Farmer, Leeds, UK.

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
huh...strike a nerve did we? :haha:

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This appears to me to be an excellent safety device thats badly needed to confront the problem of irresponsible drivers with small towing vehicles [cars, pickups and 4x4s] being hooked up to trailers that are too large, badly overloaded, or stupid to tackle with the towing vehicle they have. It's an ideal device for men who like taking chances, who like adding that extra ton of goods, or who blatantly ignore their tow vehicle or trailers makers maximum gross weight & towing advice.

If you have a crash for any of the reasons given above; it could cost you a fortune, bang goes your car, your trailer, your load and what about yourself, or your familys safety, and if your trailers carrying horses and livestock, they too can get seriously hurt and might need to be humanely destroyed. If I was "an horse", I'd argue shoot the driver, and so would many people of common-sense. If you know your the sort of person who should have one of these devices then get one [drop hints your overdue a birthday present or gift] StingerHitches tackle a huge problem and might just save your childs life, a pedestrian or passer-bys life. I can see this device become law in every State and in the UK. A Limey Farmer, Leeds, UK.
Driving overloaded is bad enough. But to then throw a bunch of that weight onto undersized wheels with no brakes that are not held in firm alignment with the rest of the suspension while simultaneously taking weight off the axle with the highest load capacity, service brakes, and engine braking seems like a bad plan. Not to mention you're moving the actual hitch connection that much further back, leveraging control away from the tow vehicle even more.

How will it behave when one of those rinky-dink tires pops because the same genius that decided to profoundly overload his rig also decided to drive 80mph? Almost instantly throw a few hunded pounds more weight on the hitch, pull the steer axle off the ground, and probably kick the hitch sideways with enough force even a competent driver would have a hard tme staying on the road.

I'd rather let the idiots drag their bumpers on the ground--at least it'll slow them down.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
my taurus could use one, it looks like im loaded with brick with the saggy rear struy suspention. my trailer hitch bangs off speedbumps it so low in the back. forget about trailer towing with it, its just a good support for jackstands.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals