• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

this is my light bar home made

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i made my light bar for cheep and just to get the job done wasn't going for the flashy look but this is how i did it i drilled a whole in one of my roof racks their kinda pointless any way/ and drilled a whole and attached 2 6 inch spot lights ran them threw a relay and a 15 amp line fuse and kaboom light

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
and them on the truck
[/IMG]

Last edited:

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
good idea and nice job!

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
thanks man
just shows you don't have to go out and make one out of metal you just need a drill

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That is exactly what I had in mind. Looks good man and good use of existing hardware for other purposes. These days who has the money for those expensive parts that we can make ourselves?
Paul

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i done the same thing only with 4 lights and used it on a couple different trucks, on the roof of my b2 and on the bumper of my 79 bronco

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
bad ass on the bumper the only thing i worrie about is some one walking up with side cutters and screwing them off

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i done the same thing only with 4 lights and used it on a couple different trucks, on the roof of my b2 and on the bumper of my 79 bronco

do you have any ideas on how to hide the wire to the max mine sticks out of the door and under the metal rain gard
[/IMG]

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
mine was just ran in through like yours but she was only an off roader anyways. thats about as clean as you can get it wihtout cutting a hole down through your roof

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
i have the metal trim around the windows and when i had my light bar i used white wires to match my rig and ran it under the trim then into the cab like u did. wasnt the best but it was easy and u couldnt tell unless u were about 5ft away or closer

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Here is an idea, haven't used it yet but should work pretty well. Go to Home Depot ot Lowes and get the plastic track stuff they sell to run wires in for your home stereos and surround sound systems. You just put the wires inside the track. Mount the track to your roof alongside the roof rack track towards the back of the roof using and adhesive of your choice. Cut the plastic track so that it stops just short of the hatch opening. From there run the wires inside and behind the side wall panels or even the headliner to the front where your switch is mounted. You can paint the plastic track black and it will blend in with the roof rack well.
Paul.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
that's cool.. i've got an idea for a factory luggage rack and bars coming up soon..
i'm gonna use one for the slides to make my roof basket rack removable... i don't have a factory rack so i'm gonna have to install one.

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Here is an idea, haven't used it yet but should work pretty well. Go to Home Depot ot Lowes and get the plastic track stuff they sell to run wires in for your home stereos and surround sound systems. You just put the wires inside the track. Mount the track to your roof alongside the roof rack track towards the back of the roof using and adhesive of your choice. Cut the plastic track so that it stops just short of the hatch opening. From there run the wires inside and behind the side wall panels or even the headliner to the front where your switch is mounted. You can paint the plastic track black and it will blend in with the roof rack well.
Paul.
just got a great idea the factories roof rack how the 2 side rails going front to back run the wire under neath and in too the truck threw the back hatch light./ the part where the hatch presser switch for lights on and off / i took mine off threw that and to my relay and ideas on that ?

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That would work too if there is enough room under the rails.I personally haven't had them off to know if there is room under them but at least you have an idea now how to do it cleanly. Let us know what you do as I am sure there are a bunch of us pondering putting lights up there but want a "wireless" look to it.
Paul

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
i think ipf or warn makes some wireless lights. i know i saw some back in my jeepin days but cant remember who makes em

MrBroncoII

Reaction score
Yea it's Warn I know for sure. There might be others as well but I know warn makes wireless. I was just looking at them a couple of days ago.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals