• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The NEW 2009/2010 Ford Ranger

ranger1999 Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
id sure hope its not a unibody.. what id love to see is a four door six foot bed truck so that i have something i could haul some things in as well as the grandkids only one who makes one now is toyota and i dont wanna even think of going there..

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
Two questions:

What does a low cost plant mean? Trucks put together by people earning $10 an hour?

If its unibody, call it a Ranchero. It's more car than truck.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it the same running gear as the new Explorer, which wouldn't be all that bad. They ride like dream with what appears to be a fully boxed frame. Only downside is IRS however...

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Maybe they'll bring over one of the imports like this:

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
Now that right there does not look bad. Maybe a small lift and the right powertrain and that would be sweet.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
It's a shame that Ford is an american country but some of the nicest Rangers are overseas.

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

I like this foreign truck the best. The only change I would make would be the rims.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the tailgate and bed compartments in Jim's Ranger but I can't help but wonder how well they would work after a couple years of hard use. Where is that thing native anyway? To be quite honest however I like the looks of the current truck better than either.

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Maybe they'll bring over one of the imports like this:

If they bring over that one, I'll be at the dealer.

I REALLY like the way that looks! :icon_thumby:

I kinda like the new Sportracs, but that one looks much better.

NcRanger

Reaction score
pretty much looks like my sport trac... smae color and everything. appears to have a short bed 4' like the sport trac....and guys people oversea's like our bodystyles better then theirs... i joined an aussie ford forum for fun and they love our fords, given they dont have the mustang, but they do have the falcon, which they have had the 5.4 in for several years now

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
The problem here in america is the ridculous emissions standards. If they brought something over here by the time they choked it down the emissions BS it would make maybe 3\4 the power its supposed to (if your lucky).

I always wanted to see a 2dr Crown Vic with a 5.4L 3V....too bad it didnt happen ::)

The problem with vehicles nowadays is everything and everybody is concerned with is Ride quality and how much techno gizmos you can pack into something. What happend to crank windows, stick shift, and manual locks with a vynil seat and rubber floors?

The last REAL trucks, in my opinion were built back in the late 70's, when dashes were steel, Axles were solid, and transmissions got shifted by hand.

80-96, atleast for Fords were still acceptable, after that (other then the Superduty) theyve been trucks in Form only. Some disagree, and thats your right. I dont even really consider my 96 a "Real" Truck, my 78 on the other hand....

Just my rant.

later,
Dustin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The problem with vehicles nowadays is everything and everybody is concerned with is Ride quality and how much techno gizmos you can pack into something. What happend to crank windows, stick shift, and manual locks with a vynil seat and rubber floors?

The last REAL trucks, in my opinion were built back in the late 70's, when dashes were steel, Axles were solid, and transmissions got shifted by hand.
Aside from the steel dash (which probably wasn't a bad thing to do away with anyway) you can still buy a truck like that today.

Newer trucks as a whole can do more, better and more effeciently than old ones. I can be towing the same load just as well as my dad's '80 F-350 getting the same milage all the while jamming to the factory CD player with the A/C on along with seating for a cramped 6 people. Granted with the wiring and plastics they probably won't stand the test of time, but alot of older trucks don't have the original steel on the body either.

Back in the 50's and 60's people were still argueing about using horses instead of tractors for field work, I think alot of it was because it was just what they were used to and understood, the same goes for this.

I like old trucks don't get me wrong, but comparing them to a new one is like taking a knife to a gunfight. Our old 400 in the F-350 (biggest available engine) put out 280 ft lbs of torque, my 2 valve 5.4 puts out 350 at about the same place in the powerband, lets not even bring the V-10 or Powerstroke into this.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Aside from the steel dash (which probably wasn't a bad thing to do away with anyway) you can still buy a truck like that today.

Newer trucks as a whole can do more, better and more effeciently than old ones. I can be towing the same load just as well as my dad's '80 F-350 getting the same milage all the while jamming to the factory CD player with the A/C on along with seating for a cramped 6 people. Granted with the wiring and plastics they probably won't stand the test of time, but alot of older trucks don't have the original steel on the body either.

Back in the 50's and 60's people were still argueing about using horses instead of tractors for field work, I think alot of it was because it was just what they were used to and understood, the same goes for this.

I like old trucks don't get me wrong, but comparing them to a new one is like taking a knife to a gunfight. Our old 400 in the F-350 (biggest available engine) put out 280 ft lbs of torque, my 2 valve 5.4 puts out 350 at about the same place in the powerband and we probably shouldn't even bring the V-10 or Powerstroke into this.:icon_thumby:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
The old trucks still got it done though.....with low end grunt and gearing.

later,
Dustin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With enough time and trips sure, buckboards got it done ok before that as well.

I can't beleive they let you use that dirty of a picture for an avatar either. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals