• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Deuce

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
haha as i started reading this i was gonna say you better have a cup holder in those doors. but you beat me to it cool
________
WASHINGTON DISPENSARIES

Last edited:

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I wasn't sure if I should french it into the top plate or mold it off the inside of the door, top plate won out, tho I may end up getting my "drink" muddy ifn' I decide to spin the tires, lol. Maybe I should make a drink holder umbrella/splash guard, haha.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i love the tire carrier, really good design with our vehicles , BII and Explorer, having hatches, easy to get down, and easy to swing away to open hatch.

Great Job!

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! :D

Yeah, I think so too. And I wanted a little more from my tire carrier build as well, you don't see too many swing out/drop down combo tire racks out there.

I still want to make a shovel, axe and High Lift mounts on the carrier too.

I would like to pick up a small hand winch or something to do the lifting, at least that was my idea anyways. I had initially thought of picking up a small atv electric winch like a 1500-2000lbs one to do the lifting, but that just seems like over kill. Not to mention that mounting a hand crank would be far easier and less complicated than mounting and wiring a small winch on the rack. Who knows, for the amount of times I will need to lower and raise the drop bar for flats I may not even go any further than I have for it.

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Well here's the 95% finished piece. I have a small piece to add for the upper section to close it in beside the door lock and I have to cut some aluminium checker plate for an inner panel but other than that, she's almost done. Keep in mind the pics are with the door loosely bolted to the stock BII hinges. Oh I need to get rid of the "RANGER" decal and pin stripe too, it ain't no stinkin Ranger!! lol

When I sit in the drivers seat and lean out the door with my but still planted in the seat, I get a way better look at what's coming up in front of the drivers tire, if I lean a little further I can see under the front diff from behind the front tire, radius arm and all this with my ass still planted firmly in the seat. A quick look rearward from this view and I can see under the drivers side rear diff as well as what I am about to back over with the drivers rear tire.

These half doors ROCK!!!!! I love em already and I haven't even tried them while the Bronco's moving!!!!!! #rockon

Rearward angle view, shows off my sexy blue dash, ha ha, the door provides a wicked better view from inside, the top plate is right below my elbow for a perfect arm rest height. Actually when I decided on a cut line, the factory arm rest was my choice, this way the door is a perfect arm rest, I may even add some foam-pad and vinyl to the top plate just so I'm not leaning on hard steel. #popcorn

Front angle view, she looks sexy!! Turns out my door cut line matches up with my fender cut lines, fluke tho, wasn't planed at all, but really works and blends well I think.

Opened up easily, the Explorer latch and handle work like a charm, easily accessible from outside the door and the door pops open without pulling on it too. I tightened up 2 of the 4 door hinge bolts and the door swing shut perfectly, no banging clunking or rattling, she shuts with a clean click fully shut, just like the stock doors. The door needs some tweaking as the window portion or upper frame is bent outwards from the roof seal, has about a 1" gap when closed. So I'll need to bend it back inline a bit for a cleaner look if anything.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
you just have to fab up a tiny umbrealla for ur cupholder to keep the mud out and ur done! haha
________
Cronica

Last edited:

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Haha, yeah basically hey!!

Got some good news yesterday, buddy of mine found me the clutch line I need so I can get this back together and try out them doors on the trail.....Bad news is the fuzz are doing the spring time road checks like crazy, handing out inspections left right and center and doing their best to ruin everyone's life in the process.

I know I have to be cautious if I take off for a ride in her. Last thing I need is an inspection notice. I mean to say I think she would pass an inspection but not sure I really want to find out for sure yet. lol

She would need some parts to pass for sure tho, my park brake cables have been torn off, she has no swap bars installed. I guess I need to unplug the RABS light in the dash because the 9" rear diff has no provisions for the sensor plug to go on the diff so the light stays on and I need to add a set of mud flaps and then pull off the suicide knob just to pass an inspection, oh and my windshield has a couple small cracks that I'm sure they would have me replace before passing it. I'm not entirely sure if they would pass my home built front suspension too or if I should make up some BoneBuilt decals and tell them it's a kit, lol. ;)

Hmmm this list actually isn't as big as I thought it would be :D.

Nice part is I just threw all new parts at it last year so it should all be within spec as far as steering, brakes and suspension go anyways. Tires are almost brand new and everything works aside from what I listed above.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Your radius arms look close enough to those ones you based them off of, you *could* just slap on a sticker of that company (while keeping it hush hush, of course) and say it's a kit. I got an inspection notice last year for having my tires stickin' out past the fenders, so I just got my buddy who works at Western Star to throw a sticker on there for me. Ha!

I mean... I got it inspected... ;brownbag;:secret:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
holy ****-nugget batman, that is a sweet BII, how did i miss this thread?

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I may just do the "I got it inspected honist officer" thing too, we'll see if and when I have to.

Thanks buddy!!

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Well never did get around to test fitting the clutch line, time and my worry of rain prevented that journey, lol, so I started on the next mod. My goal of loosing weight is on my mind now and I figured what better way than to toss the stock 50lbs plane Jane hardly supportive seats for the set of racing seats I have had sitting not being used.

In about a half hour I had one stock seat out and one racing bucket almost installed onto the stock seat sliders, adapted in there with a few pieces of 1/8"x1"x1" angle iron cut and drilled to fit the bill.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Bones, everything is looking bad ass. I am actually doing the same build on my 94 Ranger. I'm doing a couple things different, but overall we are pretty close. Same axles, same motors, radius arms, and leafs out back. I am definitely keeping subscribed to this thread and btw... You might just have a ORTOTM nomination for May:derisive:

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
those seats look so uncomfortable :p

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I thought the exact same thing for April, but I was too late. =[
Zman hasn't posted the Nomination thread for May yet, just as long as he makes it up there

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals