• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thats my blower motor, right???

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was just ripping the AC out of my truck (parts of hoses have already rusted through and stuff. The system is trash...) and when pulling something off, condenser maybe? I noticed what seems to be my blower motor attached to it...

That is my blower motor on the left (1st pic) right???

I guess I need to keep that dont I?

What have other people done to get rid of the AC components?

Also, what should I do about the big hole in the firewall from that AC part?
And what should I do with the electrical connectors from the AC?

Thanks.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes, that's your blower motor. If you want to keep it get the housing from a non-A/C truck. If not block the holes off with a piece of sheet metal.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, that's your blower motor. If you want to keep it get the housing from a non-A/C truck. If not block the holes off with a piece of sheet metal.
Anyone just chopped the AC part off theirs?
Any pics?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Not sure how things work in Georgia, but up here in the north where things get cold having the blower is important for things like Winter and the defrost setting.

Best bet is to find a non-ac box. Too bad you don't have a gen 1. I'd trade you.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Anyone just chopped the AC part off theirs?
Any pics?
I would think it would just be far easier to get a non a/c box. Why go through the effort when you can get a factory piece.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would think it would just be far easier to get a non a/c box. Why go through the effort when you can get a factory piece.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
because I already have THIS. If I can easily modify it, why spend money I dont really have on something else?

Although that makes me wonder if I have one in a box in the shed - I stripped down my old b2 like 3 years ago, really dont remember wtf I have and dont, or if it had AC or not...

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also, A non-AC box will bolt in to my truck no problem?

What about the big hole from the AC side of things on the firewall?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I removed an A/C on my first gen Ranger and put the non A/C box in...bolted right up and no gaps...only thing is the resistor for the fan control becomes an issue...not sure why but the boxes with A/C don't seem to have a problem with the resistor crapping out but the other ones do...thought it might be a road spray issue or something but that area rarely gets wet even on my truck with a 4 cylinder.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone know offhand if gen 1 and gen 2 blower housings would be interchangeable?

Alternatively, does anyone know if gen 3 would work on my gen 2?

Could anyone post pictures of what theirs looks like (either gen)? Im curious as to how it all goes together compared to what I just pulled out...

Last edited:

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
I just did the same thing on my BII. Got lucky and found a BII 89' part truck at the local pull it yard.

If you do not mind the box itself? You can unbolt the two halves that house the evap core. Find some thick gasket material and put it back together minus the core.

Ours had a major issue with a horrific smell and restricted air flow. So when I installed the box from the non-ac part truck? We just about doubled the air flow and the smell isn't an issue anymore. Evap cores can get coated with mold and mildew--and I'd love to know how so many dried up leaves found their way into the system.

S-

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just did the same thing on my BII. Got lucky and found a BII 89' part truck at the local pull it yard.

If you do not mind the box itself? You can unbolt the two halves that house the evap core. Find some thick gasket material and put it back together minus the core.

Ours had a major issue with a horrific smell and restricted air flow. So when I installed the box from the non-ac part truck? We just about doubled the air flow and the smell isn't an issue anymore. Evap cores can get coated with mold and mildew--and I'd love to know how so many dried up leaves found their way into the system.

S-
whole reason of removing it was to free up space under the hood... I was thinking more like sawzall down the middle of it, but that leaves me with a big hole still.

Does a non-ac airbox just have a flat piece that covers the hole left from the evaporator??

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
whole reason of removing it was to free up space under the hood... I was thinking more like sawzall down the middle of it, but that leaves me with a big hole still.

Does a non-ac airbox just have a flat piece that covers the hole left from the evaporator??
The non-ac box has the exact same openings! The air flow goes from the hole in the fire wall through the channel over to the blower motor where it gets blown through. (Or it might be from the blower motor TO the opening in the firewall via that air channel. I didn't take note of the directionality) Without the A/C and the evap core? The channel is just smaller. I'll see if I can get a photo of mine later today and post it.

S-

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yep the non A/C box has the same openings. Here's a pic that I borrowed from car domain, that;s been modified a little for V8 clearance. I think he's a member here, believe the username is black widow so credit belongs there.

Yes you can modify the existing housing. I've seen people use everything from cardboard sealed in place, to fiberglass, to sheet metal to clearance these things for V8 clearance. Since you have it removed anyway, it really would be a lot easier and neater to get a non-A/C box to install. IIRC the firewalls were mostly the same from 83-94 so any boxes from that range should work without too much trouble.

Not sure how things work in Georgia, but up here in the north where things get cold having the blower is important for things like Winter and the defrost setting.
Funny, most of the people I see deleting the the heater box are up north. How things work here in Georgia (for me at least) are, summer is usually hotter than chit and I've been spoiled by A/C. So if at all possible I'll be having A/C, which means keeping the box. Winters here aren't as cold, but compared to the summer they are plenty cold enough so a heater is nice to have as well. Probably should have mentioned that most of the people I see deleting the heater box are lowered show trucks that need it gone for tire clearance.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks JoshT. Thats just what I needed for a picture.

Can anyone verify or deny that this part is or is not the same across generations?

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Thanks Josh for the photo. It's a lot cleaner then the one I would have posted.

Not sure about the differences between 1st and 2nd generation. Sadly I do not posses an interchange parts guide that would list it.

S-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals