• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suspension max 3" spindle lift (and budget lifting)

khast2010

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
This link if you havent seen them before:
http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4941836/vpcsid/0/SFV/32526

Anyways, I finally broke down and ordered the 3 inch spindle lift for my 2005 single cab XL 2wd (2.3L). I couldnt afford the fabtech (or any other kit for that matter) so I got these guys.

Total was $405.96 after shipping. Not bad compared to almost double that (approximately) for the fabtech lift spindles.

I read, and read, and read, and read everything I could find about the suspension max spindles online and almost everything i read was heresay..I could not find any real legitamte tests, or reviews on these spindles.

After drinking a little bit and loosening up I finally broke down and ordered these.

I plan to install these spindles either this weekend or the next (depending on when they arrive) and I will try my best to put up a detailed post with pics of the swap. (maybe someone can help me out getting pictures up?)

A three inch BL, and a set of treadwright tires is in store for summer in 3 months (waiting till im out of school) but after all is said and done, I think I have found an affordable way to acheive 6 inches of lift (3 being BL) and 31"-33" tires all for right around $1000.

I know I have been looking for years for a way to get my truck off the ground without breaking the bank on a 2wd so I hope this is helpful to anyone else out there who is stuck in the same boat I was.

P.S. If you havent heard of treadwright.com I recommened checking out their inexpensive retreads. I have heard nothing but good things said about them, and for a fraction of the price of namebrand tires.

Take it easy, Kyler

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
they are pretty good. made with the same mold as the doetsche tech and i think some other brand

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing wrong with them, Bro!!!!! One thing...just don't go jumping any real heights...they are not designed for desert racing!!!

khast2010

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
haha sounds good, being from florida the only thing i have to watch out for is jumping gators

guitarsgethegals

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6, 3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
with the spindles do you also have to purchase new coils?

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
No, actually everything else on your suspension stays the same with a spindle lift. Even the shocks. Take a look a the spindles on your truck sometime, behind the wheel. It attaches to the control arms and tie rod, and new ones pretty much just move the wheel down (which moves the rest of the truck up).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals