• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suspension lifts... Sugestions

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Transmission
Manual
Any sugestions on what kind of lift I should use on a stock 85' Bronco II, 4x4 with the 5 speed trans. I need at least 4" of lift because I need to clear 32" tires. I'm willing to spend around $1,200 or so, maybe more to get a descent lift. I would like an all inclusive kit that my dad and I can do in our garage with medium to medium-high mechanical skill. Any sugestions would be a great help. Thanks

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I'd go with a 4" skyjacker. James Duff(3"), or Skyjacker are the only 2 i'd ever touch. Ask around, you'll get the same answer over and over....Buy once, buy quality.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
If it were me it would definately be a skyjacker stage 2 with extended radius arms and new leafsprings.

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you will need more than 4" to clear 32's; well unless you want to do some fender trimming.

Skyjacker Class II or James Duff, nothing else compares for around $1200.

Thighman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
4" will be fine. Just cut if needed (those first gens deserve their front fenders to be cut anyway). The least amount of lift for the biggest tire size is what is most practical.

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is not good logic. You want room to flex without tearing into your fenders

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
4" will be fine. Just cut if needed (those first gens deserve their front fenders to be cut anyway). The least amount of lift for the biggest tire size is what is most practical.
agreed. i ONLY had about 1 inch of lift front and rear with 31 11.5 15 TSLs on a 89 b2. only thing i had to do was beat the lip on the rear wheel well flat so i dident cut my lugs when i flexed. NOW those tires only measured out 30 inchs but my 33s i am putting on measure out 34 and i am only putting on around 3 inches of total lift (with jeep coils) so i will be doing just a little trimming.....

Last edited:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
That is not good logic. You want room to flex without tearing into your fenders
you must not wheel much. go get that 8 inch skyjacker kit and a 3 inch body lift along with some 38s and tell me how great a b2 wheels then. mite want to get a cage before hand.................................

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you can spend $1,200 go with james duff or sky jacker class II, i have had 4 different rangers with 4'' lift kits on them. the biggest tire i went was 31's with no fender trimming. now i have a 6'' lift on this ranger and i will never put on a 4'' lift again. the 6'' kit is the best, fit 33''s with no fender trimming needed. if you go 4'' you are gunna wish you went with a 6'' kit with in a couple of months. go 6''. good luck.

Last edited:

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
agreed. i ONLY had about 1 inch of lift front and rear with 31 11.5 15 TSLs on a 89 b2. only thing i had to do was beat the lip on the rear wheel well flat so i dident cut my lugs when i flexed. NOW those tires only measured out 30 inchs but my 33s i am putting on measure out 34 and i am only putting on around 3 inches of total lift (with jeep coils) so i will be doing just a little trimming.....

You can fit 31x10.50's on a stock '89-'90 BII. The front fender opening is larger.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys I really do appreciate the help. Its tough to figgure out what to get starting off.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Transmission
Manual
Hey another question, I know that by lifting up my truck I will need to extend my drive shaft. How and where Can I get that done, or will a drive shaft from another style truck work?

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unless you plan on going with over a 10" lift, you wont need to extend your driveshafts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals