• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Summer Car

speed1995

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1998 Mustang GT that I get to drive in the summer. It has the 4.6 liter V8. Things that have been done to it are JET performance chip, Magnaflow dual exhaust, K&N cold air intake, and headlight and taillight covers. It came loaded with grey leather seats, CD and tape player, Bose sound system, and premium wheels. It only has 60,000 miles. Here are some pics:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Get you a set of factory heads from a 99 up gt, and your looking at rougly 35 hp increase. The porting on pre98 heads was so bad that ford themselves redesigned the heads. And its a relatively cheap mod that will give you more balls in the butt-o-meter. BEautiful car though. I had a red 97 almost exactly the same.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Had? Stories please.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah had as in, made the deal took the car home drove it for a week before the dealership called and said it didnt go through Ineeded a co signer. Instead of going through there bank me and my grandfather went through his bank. THey said it was 400 more than they would finance, i didnt have the 400 cuz i just paid insurance on it and everything, the dealership wouldnt come down and neither would the bank, so i agreed to return it monday morning. Sunday afternoon me and my bro went to a movie. A kid pulled forward through a parking space instead of backing out and wasnt looking(douche was playin with his radio in a 3k dollar honda) HIt me right in the left side, crushed it. It obviously wasnt my car anymore, but ive owned and loved nothing but mustangs since I was 14, so naturally I was very pissed. The cop got all my info from my brother cuz I wouldnt speak. LOL My bro gotthe kids info and everything. I wasnt allowed to get close to him.

My next one was a 2000 3.8 with MAC long tubes offroad hpipe and turndowns after flowmaster 40s before the rear axles. I used cat flanges welded to the muffler so there was no welding or cutting to remove it, bolt on all the way. Steeda tri-ax shifter, Mac cai, and 19x11, 18x8 falken koblenz witha 3 inch lip. I miss that car too. much longer story though. Sorry to thread jack.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Get you a set of factory heads from a 99 up gt, and your looking at rougly 35 hp increase. The porting on pre98 heads was so bad that ford themselves redesigned the heads. And its a relatively cheap mod that will give you more balls in the butt-o-meter. BEautiful car though. I had a red 97 almost exactly the same.
Are heads specific to the Mustang?

F-150's and Expeditions also got a power bump with the PI heads in '99... if they would work they would greatly increase the pool of heads to choose from... and they usually lead a easier life than a Mustang GT. Personally, judging by the car I don't think I would worry about it unless it had a problem with the current heads.

My current summer "car" is my Ranger, thanks to salt it no longer sees road time when the snow flies. I still mess around with it seeing if I can get it stuck around the farm though. My brother just got a '11 GT, I would personally like to get a '60's V8 coupe down the road... after I get the Ranger done.

That is a neat color, I don't think I have ever seen another like that. I have always liked Mustangs, actually I am leaving for a Mustang Rally in SD Friday (with my brother in his '11)

speed1995

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The color is an emerald green metallic and is very hard to find.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Those have always been my favorite OEM Mustang wheels of the generation. Wish they would fit on the front of my 4wd Ranger.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah had as in, made the deal took the car home drove it for a week before the dealership called and said it didnt go through Ineeded a co signer. Instead of going through there bank me and my grandfather went through his bank. THey said it was 400 more than they would finance, i didnt have the 400 cuz i just paid insurance on it and everything, the dealership wouldnt come down and neither would the bank, so i agreed to return it monday morning. Sunday afternoon me and my bro went to a movie. A kid pulled forward through a parking space instead of backing out and wasnt looking(douche was playin with his radio in a 3k dollar honda) HIt me right in the left side, crushed it. It obviously wasnt my car anymore, but ive owned and loved nothing but mustangs since I was 14, so naturally I was very pissed. The cop got all my info from my brother cuz I wouldnt speak. LOL My bro gotthe kids info and everything. I wasnt allowed to get close to him.

My next one was a 2000 3.8 with MAC long tubes offroad hpipe and turndowns after flowmaster 40s before the rear axles. I used cat flanges welded to the muffler so there was no welding or cutting to remove it, bolt on all the way. Steeda tri-ax shifter, Mac cai, and 19x11, 18x8 falken koblenz witha 3 inch lip. I miss that car too. much longer story though. Sorry to thread jack.
I knew there was a story in there. Sorry to hear it's a sad one.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Love the color and body style, if it's not broke, dont fix it, just enjoy a great ride!
Dave

speed1995

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's a great car to have!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals