• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stock front end ford explorer

okietheranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Manual

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I cant comment on the quality of the parts, but I can tell you that 1A is a vendor over on Explorerforum. You may be able to get a discount if your a member there.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I'd ask them where those are made. I'd say 99.9% chance that stuff is Chinese at that price. If you plan on keeping the vehicle, I'd buy a reputable brand.

okietheranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Manual
Ya she wants to keep it, just been putting a lot of money in this rig. I'm sure it's cheap crap just wondering if anyone ever used this product and had great results. I always belive in you get what you pay for.. Thanks guys probably gonna go with the moog

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rockauto? moog stuff is alot cheaper than you can get at the autopart stores.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Unfortunately, it's been pointed out by a couple of members that you need to be careful even with Moog now. They have some stuff made overseas in their product line now. The Raybestos Professional Grade is supposed to be better stuff. I don't know from experience, just seen the suggestions.

And yes, Rock Auto is a great source for Moog or the Raybestos Professional Grade products.

Sent while I should be doing something else

Last edited:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unfortunately, it's been pointed out by a couple of members that you need to be careful even with Moog now. They have some stuff made overseas in their product line now.
I haven't heard anything. Thats unfortunate if its the truth.

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't heard anything. Thats unfortunate if its the truth.
Sad but true. We sometimes have to get aftermarket stuff at our dealership if the customer doesn't want to wait for the Ford Parts. We usually get the Carquest premium line because we've had good luck with it and it's made by Moog but recently we've been seeing a lot of "made in china" on the boxes.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When I recently rebuilt the front end of my 99 Ranger I went all Moog. Shopped around for best prices and ended up finding them on Ebay. Bought everything through Seller midwest-autoparts, Ebay store Midwest Autoparts. everything came in quickly and was legit Moog brand items. IIRC it worked best to search by part number to find what I was looking for.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Actually with MOOG parts from O'Reilly you are looking at closer to $350 if you haven't already replaced your upper control arms. $200 is just for upper and lower ball joints, the upper ball joints can't be replaced if you haven't already swapped out the upper control arms.

Through the seller I posted it's about $200 with the lower ball joints and MOOG upper control arms. If you already have the upper control arms you are looking at about $150 for all 4 ball joints. Shipping is free BTW.

Since I had to do the whole control arms on the uppers it was a nice savings going with Midwest. If I had the upper control arms I probably would have spent the extra 50 bucks and just bought them locally.

95lorange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
The stuff at O'Reillys is Moog and MasterPro brands. MasterPro branded is just the box, the actual part is stamped Moog. Ask to look at them sometime. The part numbers are the exact same on 99.9% of the stuff, if not 100%. Same warranty as well.

I've had good luck on my old Explorer with the MasterPro brand, but I didn't really swamp it either.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Actually with MOOG parts from O'Reilly you are looking at closer to $350 if you haven't already replaced your upper control arms. $200 is just for upper and lower ball joints, the upper ball joints can't be replaced if you haven't already swapped out the upper control arms.

Through the seller I posted it's about $200 with the lower ball joints and MOOG upper control arms. If you already have the upper control arms you are looking at about $150 for all 4 ball joints. Shipping is free BTW.

Since I had to do the whole control arms on the uppers it was a nice savings going with Midwest. If I had the upper control arms I probably would have spent the extra 50 bucks and just bought them locally.

Good info to know.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals