• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some pictures of my 87' Ranger

Wigifries

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well i should probably introduce myself first. My name is Tyler.
I live in good Ol' Idaho. I love my ranger, it's a fun project.
1987 Ranger, 2.3l 5 speed. No a/c, no power steering, no power brakes (we think it was a company truck at one time). Just as plain as could be.

Well I'm going to post a few pics of the some-what life of her so far, well since I've owned her.

Here is a picture of about 2 months after i bought her. All i did was paint some stock ranger 15's black and tint the windows.

Here is one after my dad and i lowered her.

This is after Christmas when i got a tonneau cover and some blacked out headlights.

This is with my winter rims with studded tires.

Then this spring my dad and i found some Mustang 17's on craigslist. So here we are making sure they were going to fit, and sure enough they were perfect.

Just another one after i washed her.

We then decided since my tail lights were beyond faded that we would black them out. Yay or nay?

That's the life of her so far. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Any suggestions would be awesome too! Always looking for more ideas and things to do! My next thing i want to do is drop a turbo in there, But no one seems to have any turbo coupe's in idaho.

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i like it. looks like the front sits about an inch or so higher than the back. maybe drop it another inch in the rear so it has the i did this on purpose look. i like the nose high low riders.

now shave the drip rail, handles and antenna. de-badge. flip the tail gate handle. pop that dent out in the left front. get a weld in roll pan and smooth it into the be corners. paint it factory looking and call it a day for the outside. oh and slap on some center caps. lol

Last edited:

Wigifries

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure why that is to be honest. My dad and i did the flip in the rear. we didn't want to mess with the i-beams so we had them professionally done. We have been trying to figure out why it sits lower in the rear. And i definitely am going to be doing some of those once i get some more money flow haha! Oh and the center caps... man we have been looking for 6 weeks trying to find the center caps where the lug nuts are exposed and nothing we've been to 2 hubcap/center cap places and they are still looking.

Thank you for the input it is very much appreciated!

inuyasha2875

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good where do you live in idaho

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i want to say those wheels only had solid covers. but im not 100% on that.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i want to say those wheels only had solid covers. but im not 100% on that.
I think so too. And im not sure the centers will fit on in the front.

tbirdsps

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
What is that color? The truck is very cool looking lowered. Very plain is a minimalist style and looks very good. I like the blacked out lights but hope you don't get a ticket. I do like the black wheels on it better than the Mustang wheels. Just my opinion. Do it up like you prefer. I also like the original mirrors, they go with the look.

You should try a 3-4" sucktion cup on that drivers fender dent. It just might pull it out without leaving too much of a mark.

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its in a curve so i dont know if that will do it. you'll probably have to knock it out best you can and skim it with body filler.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like tan in the shade a pink in the sun.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Not bad!! I only noticed one dent there on the right side. It looks pretty clean. Some interior photos? By the way what color is that??...The color looks like some strange cat poo I saw once when I switched the cats to an organic diet. lol

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Wigifries

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not bad!! I only noticed one dent there on the right side. It looks pretty clean. Some interior photos? By the way what color is that??...The color looks like some strange cat poo I saw once when I switched the cats to an organic diet. lol

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
Thanks man! Yeah gotta love high school kids thinking its funny to hit my truck with their fists or whatever lol! And honestly i have no idea what the color is... :icon_confused: hahahaha. I Have some interior pictures that i will post also!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals