• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SOLVED: 05 Toyota RAV4 Lost throttle response, no gas pedal input.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
My buddys RAV suddenly lost throttle one day. It would move along under idle, but the gas pedal was useless, as if the cable had snapped. The problem is these don't have a throttle cable, they are fly by wire.
My research said it is the pedal sensor. I found the pedal assembly for $579, but instead opted for the knock off sensor for $25. The whole car is worth $579.

Of course that did nothing, so I went back to search. Dug up another article that said its the Throttle body. Found a clean looking used one on fleabay for $57. swapped it in and it did the trick. Fired right up and runs better than before. The throttle body was pretty gummed up. I went back to the original pedal sensor.

Anyways just posted this in case anyone loses throttle on their toyota....they used this fly by wire throttle system on a lot of models.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Thats odd it lost all response.

The one on my wifes old escape took a shit and it threw a wrench light, shifted goofy and had no power really.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Thats odd it lost all response.

The one on my wifes old escape took a shit and it threw a wrench light, shifted goofy and had no power really.
It's started to hiccup a but here and there, then finally just died. I tow strapped him the mile up the canyon. He was idling up the hill when I found him. A senior on a road bicycles passed him up and asked if he needed a pull...always a ball breaker out there lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals