• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

snow in vegas!!!!!!!!

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_bounceblue: YESS!! i love it. :yahoo: its not sticking where im at but other places in the valley it is. it usually only snows here about once a year and i dont think its ever snowed this earlier in the year... so much for global warming.

btw BFG MT's with an open differential gets NO traction. it seems like the longer the tires were in the rain they started getting more traction like if the lugs are getting softer or something.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
it feels like you are geting more traction. most likely because you were, here around Phx the first bit of rain raises all the oil on the street so it like driving on Ice for the first 10-20min. and also it could take that long to get all the oil off your tires. and congrats about the snow. How is the ski resort outside of vegas. is it any good?

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i thought about the oils too but it was raining for about an hour before i got on the road. you must be right about the oils on the tires because that would make sense why it started really slippery and got better. and if your talkin about MT. Charelston, i cant even see it right now ahaha the sky is all gray. im sure its getting some fresh powder right now.

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
meanwhile its 60 degrees in new england *scratches head*

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
snow in vegas.... I guess the weather forgot about global warming.....

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
snow in vegas.... I guess the weather forgot about global warming.....
Don't be silly.

Only people who don't understand the issues at all think global warming means there will never be cold days.

OF COURSE there will be all types of weather.

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't be silly.

Only people who don't understand the issues at all think global warming means there will never be cold days.

OF COURSE there will be all types of weather.
ya but its funny to hear global "WARMING" and see snow in vegas a week before winter official starts.

btw i snapped this pic from my cell over by my dads work which is about 5 miles from my house. its the only place i saw that the snow stuck.

about 3-4 inches over there :icon_bounceblue:

it was awsome enough that i stopped and threw some snow into the bed of my truck to throw at my friends but by the time i got home it was like... watery snow. :(

ejholmgren

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Bah ... it's -8 F here in MN and there's snow/ice everywhere. Want to trade? :dunno:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
about 3-4 inches over there :icon_bounceblue:
:(
someone needs to buy you a tape measure......
when we get 3-4 it can be bad, yours is not even sticking to the road.
it is crazy seeing snow in vegas!

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
snow in san diego too.........must be a freezing heat spot.

Broaner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 89
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Transmission
Manual
btw BFG MT's with an open differential gets NO traction. it seems like the longer the tires were in the rain they started getting more traction like if the lugs are getting softer or something.
Pussies. I haven't locked my hubs in yet this year and we've gotten 20" so far. And I have AT's.

Bah ... it's -8 F here in MN and there's snow/ice everywhere. Want to trade? :dunno:
Yeah really. It was -10 last night and its starting to come down right now. Pretty weird actually for it to be this cold this early but... And even weirder for it to snow when its this cold.

96% of Americans say, "Oh shit!" when they're about to go into a ditch. The other 4% live in Wisconsin and say, "Hold my beer and watch this shit!"

Last edited:

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
I take my truck OUT of 4x4 so i can have some fun on city streets. Hubs are locked in, but disengaged. Cops (and drivers in general) around here seem to forget how to drive in snow.

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pussies. I haven't locked my hubs in yet this year and we've gotten 20" so far. And I have AT's.
QUOTE]

no shit!.... AT's are gonna grab better on wets roads, and judging that you have 4x4 you would also have a limited slip or locker in the rear. i havent saved up the money yet to lock and re-gear my rear end so im stuck in 1x4.

and for the weather today? few clouds and sunny. haha vegas weather is funny. although my doors were frozen shut this morning, that was something new to me haha.

the snow thing was cool but i couldnt put up with it the temp being in negative degrees like you guys. but.... it does get to 115+ here in the summer.

Jon Boy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
115+ in vegas. lol
my friend had a few relative move to here (IL) a few summers ago from vegas, stayed about 3 weeks and moved back because they couldn't hanlde 80-90deg temps with 90%+ humidity :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals