• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sirius radio?

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Wife turned this on for me in the jeep a month or 2 ago. I finally ventured off the 90s country, classic country, and bluegrass stations...

Whats some good ones?

Oh and...how many damn sports stations do you need?!

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
I agree on the sports stations. Overall I like SXM, but it's kind of like satellite TV. Ten billion channels and I only use a dozen or so. I like the bluegrass station, and also a few of the 90s/aughts rock and alternative stations as it's what was popular as I was growing up. I can't remember all their names. I do remember there's an announcer named Madison that I absolutely cannot stand. I often wind up listening to one of the techno type music stations on road trips. I think it's channel number 52? The "songs" are like 27 minutes long and usually don't involve people talking or singing. I found it once when there was nothing on and I was just scrolling through the channels. Also my radio allows me to tag a song I like and it will alert me if an SXM station plays it. I have a Ram pickup, so there might be something similar in your Jeep.

In my opinion it used to be a lot better. Every year I keep telling myself I'll get rid of it, and end up keeping it. I always call to cancel and they keep ratcheting down the price until I just go ahead. I think last time it ended up being less than $5 a month.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
I agree on the sports stations. Overall I like SXM, but it's kind of like satellite TV. Ten billion channels and I only use a dozen or so. I like the bluegrass station, and also a few of the 90s/aughts rock and alternative stations as it's what was popular as I was growing up. I can't remember all their names. I do remember there's an announcer named Madison that I absolutely cannot stand. I often wind up listening to one of the techno type music stations on road trips. I think it's channel number 52? The "songs" are like 27 minutes long and usually don't involve people talking or singing. I found it once when there was nothing on and I was just scrolling through the channels. Also my radio allows me to tag a song I like and it will alert me if an SXM station plays it. I have a Ram pickup, so there might be something similar in your Jeep.

In my opinion it used to be a lot better. Every year I keep telling myself I'll get rid of it, and end up keeping it. I always call to cancel and they keep ratcheting down the price until I just go ahead. I think last time it ended up being less than $5 a month.
I did find one called "red white and booze"...plays a mix of country and classic rock.

Im not a fan of techno. Wife listens to the 90s station alot. I love 90s country but...everything else not so much.

Wifes fusion lets you save songs. I dont know if mine does or not.

16789892599717138619100265622147.jpg

I got the less fancy of radio/screens

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
The pickup I had before this one had the smaller screen, I swear I could mark songs in that one but I might be wrong. I'm not a big fan of techno music either, just found it while scrolling once and it made for good uninterrupted background noise for driving. In my opinion, every one of the SXM announcers or DJs or whatever they're called are awful and most of the times I change stations it's to avoid one of them talking.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
The pickup I had before this one had the smaller screen, I swear I could mark songs in that one but I might be wrong. I'm not a big fan of techno music either, just found it while scrolling once and it made for good uninterrupted background noise for driving. In my opinion, every one of the SXM announcers or DJs or whatever they're called are awful and most of the times I change stations it's to avoid one of them talking.
I tend to agree. Willies roadhouse has the only standable ones

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've used it before. Use to listen to the Tom Petty station before he died. Also skipped around some of the country stations. My 2011 ranger has SXM built into the stock radio.

Never payed for it though. They say it's great because there are a million channels and no commercials. Seems like there are more commercials then a regular radio station, and a lot of the stations seems to play the same set list every day. At least around here we half a lot of really good radio stations to listen to, I know a lot of places don't have much for an FM selection, so that jades my opinion as well.

They called and tried to convince me to subscribe, I told them I was not a fan of there service and would not be subscribing. I think it took them about two years for them to finally to stop calling me.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I used to listen to Octane and a couple other ones, had them memorized for when I ended up in a vehicle with a subscription still active. I don’t remember them all now though. Never really had a vehicle of my own that I could do it or had set up for it.

I do have a music app on my phone, think it’s currently called Live X Live, but it started out as Slacker Radio. Couple years ago they offered me $30 a year for unlimited skips and no commercials. I spent a bunch of time working out a few of my own stations like by adding bands then found as I liked certain songs by a band, skipped others, banned a couple and the like, I get a pretty likable playlist most of the time because I played to the algorithms. I can turn the DJ on or off along with things like music news and sports news and stuff. Want an uninterrupted stream of music, you got it. I used it at work a lot, pop the AirPods in on transparent mode so I could still hear everything around me and jam out. Couple of my trucks I can stream from my phone to the stereo and the only downside is when someone decides they need to call you without a courtesy text, the nerve of some people, lol.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Been a long time since I had radio, then it was WSM 650AM Nashville. Specially liked the drive to work when we were doing 10 hour days and starting at 6AM, because 5:45 AM every week day they'd be playing 15 minutes of non-stop Bluegrass music, and I'd have it blaring when I came flying into the parking lot in my old 80 Chevy LUV :D

Last edited:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Been a long time since I had radio, then it was WSM 650AM Nashville. Specially liked the drive to work when we were doing 10 hour days and starting at 6AM, because 5:45 AM every week day they'd be playing 15 minutes of non-stop Bluegrass music, and I'd have it blaring when I came flying into the parking lot in my old 80 Chevy LUV :D
I aint been able to pick up 650 in years. On a clear night i could pick up up clearly all the way up here. Not anymore for somereason

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I’m usually on Deep Tracks, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl or one of the decades stations. I also venture in to bluegrass, Jazz (Watercolors) and the classical music when I’m in the mood for something different.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
I’m usually on Deep Tracks, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl or one of the decades stations. I also venture in to bluegrass, Jazz (Watercolors) and the classical music when I’m in the mood for something different.
Whats the deep tracks?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Whats the deep tracks?
Classic rock, mostly. But they try to focus on the album cuts that are less frequently heard instead of the same old “top ten” from each artist.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
008- “ 80’s on 8”. theres a few classic country channels she likes. It is nice on a long trip not having to find a different station. Took the escape on a long drive yesterday with the trailer to help my daughter move, think I was in 3 or 4 different counties over the 70 mile trip. Great reception the whole way.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I hate those guys, they gave me constant headaches from customer complaints when I was service manager. Their subscriptions auto-renew and it's a pain to get them to stop. They don't identify the vehicle on the invoices and more than one person figured out they were paying for vehicles they had traded.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals