• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

single cab ranger audio setup

edgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
how do you guys have your audio setup? im looking to upgrade but theres no room! id like to get some ideas please and thanks!

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
not sure about your 2004, but i'll use mine for reference.

replace dash speakers from OEM along with an aftermarket HU (amp the dash speakers)
door/kick panel components amped according to their manufacturer
wedge style subwoofer box in the back, with a gen1 like mine you'd be lucky to get a 12 back there and still be comfortable (in reference to how close you are to the steering wheel), a ten is probably a better choice (maybe even two 10's)

and maybe some rear speaker fill, shouldn't necessarily have to amp these, but wouldn't hurt i suppose.

it's all about seeing what will fit your project, take some measurements of your rear cab space for a subwoofer box and look online for one that will fit, or make your own to make it fit.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
you have to search the forum there are alot of pics on the subject to get you started

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i got two 10s and an amp behind my seats. then again im only 5'3" on a good day..lol

Mforrest327

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L for now.
Transmission
Manual
1992 single cab with Pioneer head unit, pioneer 4-ways in the doors, Audiobahn 12" pushed by an Audiobahn 600. Yes, its a tight squeeze for the passenger....but Im the driver so its purdy good for me. My box is 30" wide, 14" tall, 5" deep on top and 9" deep on bottom. Cut the carpet out from right under the widow rail so box could slid in further.

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
I have an extended cab but I wanted to save space for cargo and passengers, so my case is similar.

I'd suggest either a 5 channel amp (which is what I have done) under one of the seats powering both sub and speakers.

Or a mono amp under the driver's seat connected to a truck enclosured subwoofer, and a 2 channel or 4 channel amp under the passengers seat hooked up to some up-market speakers.

If you want to go the cheap way you can still make a good system out of Wal-Mart's Sony selection. Get the 5x8 speakers, the 10 inch subwoofer, a slim encloser for behind your seat, and a slim sized amp for power. Head unit doesn't make too much of a difference as the amp is what is going to feed the power, but find one that has the features to price content you like.

Good luck, feel free to ask questions :icon_thumby:

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I built a custom speaker box for mine. I've got pics of the build, but my cell phone isn't sending my pics to my other email. Hopefully I'll get it straighten out tomorrow and get them posted. It looks good. I did it out of pine and put a 10" in the middle with 2 6x9 explodes on the outside.

tonykirkus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
just use 2 of the rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount 10's. i work at a stereo shop and that is all we use for shallow mount applications. best stuff out there. then get a bd500 rockford amp too then you'll be ro0ckin. whats cool about rockford amps is no 1 amp is the same. they all have their different birth certificates in each box. and they go by rms not peak like everyone else does. i have a punch series 1000watt amp. its putting out 1300rms and 3900 peak! but thats just rockford for ya and you will pay for it.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
best stuff out there.
not by a long shot.

whats cool about rockford amps is no 1 amp is the same. they all have their different birth certificates in each box. and they go by rms not peak like everyone else does. i have a punch series 1000watt amp. its putting out 1300rms and 3900 peak! but thats just rockford for ya and you will pay for it.
yes having a tested amp is nice a few companies do that for you. your putting RF on a very high pedestal. there are a lot of higher end companies that dont use peek ratings. you bosted that RF doesnt then you gave its peeking rating which i have been unable to find on its website not that it matters any way. its meaning less.

there are plenty of cheeper better options to get what you pay for.

side note: you have your feelings on Rf and i respect that. but comming here pushing a brand as the best is not a good idea. there are dealers/installers and just straight out audio gods, from all over the US on this forum. id like to think we have gotten to a point of teaching an educating. and letting people deside what they like. and what level of quality they want in there trucks. and not just some place to write up a sales pitch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals