• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

showin off what iraq paid for

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
rat_ranger , very sweet lookin truck man . and thanks also 4 serving , how hard was the s2000 push start ?

DannyG

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Like the truck, can't wait to see the plans/progress on the 240z. Thanks for serving, and sorry for the divorce.

Welcome newly singled one! lol

dougrousse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Thank You for your service,that grille looks great would like to hear more on that,like was that a stock 150 grille modified or aftermarket and what year, I've got a '97 Splash needs some changing. Thanks again Doug

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
Ok to answer questions, S2000 pushbutton was easy here is the wiring diagrams I made for it:

wiring the relay into the column

the back of the button, the wiring harness that fits is the power one from an old floppy drive.

how it looks mounted in the dash. It fit where the cigarette lighter was on 95+ stereo surrounds. the way I wired it turning the key still works and you need the key for the button to work. but you justhave to turn the ignition on and hit the button, or just turn the key like normal.

the grill was an ebay special for a 04-05 F150. I just trimmed it down to fit the grill shell of the ranger. I got the grill for $40 but that was almost 2 years ago so it probably costs more now.

The plans for the datsun include a big boost in power. It is getting a VQ30DET, turbocharged 3.0 V6, with some upgrades to get 450hp at the wheels. 6 speed from a 350Z, custom widebody, APR GTC300 spoiler, upgrade brakes, full roll cage, and some other stuff.

Not single anymore guys, Been married since october.

*edit* for the power/ ground for the start button I just used the cigarette lighter wires that were right there.

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Truck looks sweet. That S2000 start button looks perfect. So what do you do, put the key in the "on" position and then push the button?

Is cardinal red the factory color? It looks more orange in a couple of your photos (especially the one where it's parked by the desert rock formations), almost like '65 Mustang "poppy red."

I would go right past the turbo 3.0 and go to a V-8! But I think the lighter V-6 would be better for handling.

Great job; keep up the mods. Thanks for your service, too.

Last edited:

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
The cardinal red is a factory color. I havent done anything to the paint on this truck. It might be the way the sun is just coming up and the reflection from the rocks making it look orange. That was in the guadalupe mountains between lubbock and el paso.

Yep, turn the ignition on with the key and hit the button. thats why I pulled the positive wire for the relay from the positive wire after the ignition.

trust me turbo 3.0 will be plenty in the datsun. its lighter, higher revving, and cheaper than a v8. for the motor, upgrade turbo, headers, 6speed, and nistune it was less than $2500. and itll get me 450 at the wheels without opening the motor, just tune it with nistune to run higher boost with the turbonetics. besides I like the sound of a turbo pushing high boost. when the BOV lets go on shifts it sounds wicked.

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
As previously mentioned, thank you for serving our country!

I do have one question for you though, where did you find the carbon fiber dash pieces for your truck? I love the look and wouldn't mind getting a hold of some for mine.

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry, I misread. I thought you were doing a turbo 3.0 in the Ranger. I didn't know you had a old Z-car. Those are cool, too. BTW, this is a '65 Mustang 2+2 in Poppy Red:

Last edited:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
Thank you for serving. I wish the government would stop giving money to those in this country that choose not to work and give it to people like yourself that serve.

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
The gov. is gonna do what it does, nothing we can do to change that unless EVERYONE pushes for a complete reform, thats all I gotta say there.

the carbon fiber dash pieces I got from hillbankmotorcorp.com. it was pretty cheap.

poppy red isnt a bad color. but for now I am pretty sure my truck will stay cardinal red, its just cheaper.

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Poppy Red is actually not very pretty most of the time as the original paint tends to get oxidized in a hurry, so it just looks like dull, orange paint.

But it is a '65-only color (well, '64 1/2 and '65). In '65 it was Rangoon Red, a "true" red, or Poppy Red. In '66 they changed the names. The "real" red was called Candyapple Red and the orange-red was called Signalflare Red. In '67 it was only Candyapple red.

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome truck!

Thanks to all who have volunteered to protect our freedoms and our constitution. Iraq didn't buy you that truck, the American people did and as far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent! Enjoy it, you earned it!

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the appreciation, Im glad you are happy to see where some of your tax money went :D Its not a life for everyone, but its alot better than working fast food.

93project

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
getting back to those brakes nice add your truck is very clean and tasteful. my buddy's coming home soon cant wait to hear what he says about his time over there thanks for serving and the idea on what seats im most likely going to use now

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
It takes planning to stay tasteful. Its really easy to go overboard and I probably would have if it wasnt for lack of funds and the need to keep a realiable daily driver. The brakes you can find at RPS. Tee Rev is the one who makes the kit for the front. its pretty much bolt on and does help stopping. But you have to run atleast a 17in rim with them. Right now I have 2007 mustang buckets in my truck. The newer rangers are HARD to get the seats off the rails, like grinding/drilling hard. They look great and I like how they feel. But I do want to get them recovered. and if you want a center console for a sub they are a little too wide to fit a 10 easily.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals