• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should we use our newly purchased Bronco 2 to go back in the rough country to find the nice nudist campsites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Yea, that is probably not what you expected for bronco II questions but it is what we are trying to decide right now.
Let me explain...my husband and I have been active nudists for over 25 years and now that we are retired, we are starting another venture.
Over the years we have stayed at most of the main nudist & clothing optional / family to adult campgrounds and now we want to find those over the main road, back woods campsite and campground where nudist are allowed to strip down without a hassle by others. we will share these campsites with our fellow nudist (or whoever else is interested) on our podcast.
The question is, is the Bronco going to be the vehicle to get us back into the rough country or should we buy a 4-wheel drive / side by side for that job. I know the bronco has a high roll over rate so want to consider that as well. Also, the bronco is in perfect condition and my daily summer driver.
Ok, you have the general idea now so let us know what you think. I will check back after I make the bar run for daughter pickup.
19 (3).jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
So... it isn't what I expected.

We are pretty well versed on the capabilites of these rigs... whatever your final destination might be.

I think we should probably focus on the capabilities of your Bronco II here on TRS.

What you do when you get where you're going is totally your business and probably better served being discussed on a forum that is more specific to that.

We do have some forum rules that all members have to adhere to. I would ask that you review those rules and keep open forum discussions within the rule set.

We value all members...

Enjoy the site... have fun... but let's keep it about our trucks.

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Finally, time to kick back and relax. I think my daughter started drinking a little too early today and it looks like she is headed off to bed so I call our neighbor to see if he was interested in having some cold ones with me. Too damn nice and early to call it a night yet. Does the forum go to bed early and get up early?

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
good morning everyone
looks like a great Saturday morning starting here.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Finally, time to kick back and relax. I think my daughter started drinking a little too early today and it looks like she is headed off to bed so I call our neighbor to see if he was interested in having some cold ones with me. Too damn nice and early to call it a night yet. Does the forum go to bed early and get up early?
We are all ages and dispersed across many tlme zones. So, early to bed/early to rise is a relative term.
If taken care of, your Bronco will serve your purposes very well. That whole “high turnover rate” thing is only among careless drivers. I hope we can be helpful to you regarding the truck. There is one area, the “Tailgate” where the forum rules are a little bit more relaxed. Otherwise, we need to keep the discussions family friendly. Have fun.

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
We are all ages and dispersed across many tlme zones. So, early to bed/early to rise is a relative term.
If taken care of, your Bronco will serve your purposes very well. That whole “high turnover rate” thing is only among careless drivers. I hope we can be helpful to you regarding the truck. There is one area, the “Tailgate” where the forum rules are a little bit more relaxed. Otherwise, we need to keep the discussions family friendly. Have fun.
good morning Eric and yes I would agree that smaller wheelbase and high center of gravity is something the drive needs to adjust for and drive within the limits of the vehicle.
I guess I didn't see the tailgate section.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
good morning Eric and yes I would agree that smaller wheelbase and high center of gravity is something the drive needs to adjust for and drive within the limits of the vehicle.
I guess I didn't see the tailgate section.
You have to "subscribe" to it in your member profile.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
You will be surprised where you can get with just a good set of tires. The Ranger and Bronco II are often overlooked when it comes to trail riding and off road capability in general.

A locker or two in the axles will make them even more capable. Wheels and axles are the biggest things that make a difference in that regard, other than keeping up on preventative maintenance and possibly some tools and key spare parts depending on how far in the middle of no where you want to go.

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
You have to "subscribe" to it in your member profile.
yea I went back to our profile and clicked "yes" but it still doesn't allow me to see the post or post a thread. oh well

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
yea I went back to our profile and clicked "yes" but it still doesn't allow me to see the post or post a thread. oh well
Hmm..maybe cause youre new? No idea.

mehim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
bronco2
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
You will be surprised where you can get with just a good set of tires. The Ranger and Bronco II are often overlooked when it comes to trail riding and off road capability in general.

A locker or two in the axles will make them even more capable. Wheels and axles are the biggest things that make a difference in that regard, other than keeping up on preventative maintenance and possibly some tools and key spare parts depending on how far in the middle of no where you want to go.
thanks for the good information sgtsandman

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Bronco II's are short length wise and somewhat tall so they can do silly things here and there like anything with a near square wheelbase (wheelbase monster will get you no matter what wheelbase you have offroad), they'll flip ends easy on ice and sudden dips make more of a change on the ride...

News articles on how easy it is to roll stuff is usually someone trying to force their opinion... most of the rollovers rely on the operator making horrible decisions like overcorrecting in the wrong direction... the BII and Samurai had the same bad press, explorers fared about as well when the Firestone thing happened, heck the Pinto took a road flare in the back seat to explode in the famous video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals