• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

should i?

xgenralxleex01x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have 4 kicker cvr 12s , should i trade for 2 RE SX 15s?

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would personally as long as you have the power to give em and the electrical to back it up. The cvrs would have more cone area but the sx's will have better low end response and slightly better power handling.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The 15's will be loud but won't be punchy like the 12's will be

xgenralxleex01x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
true, i had 2 15 jl w3s b4 my kickers and they punched on a jl 500/1 but i think i may keep my kicks for now thanks guys

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
your in orlando huh, im in titusville. if your ever out this way get ahold of me, i wanna hear that setup. and just because there 15"s doesnt mean they wont be punchy unless you build the box wrong, they will just be able to get lower and be louder than a 12".

xgenralxleex01x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
he sold em :bawling: lol
i still got my 12s for now i will just add 2 mor to em the 4 is gettin lonely. lol

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The 15's will be loud but won't be punchy like the 12's will be
complete myth. generally, the 12 will play higher but wont go as low the 15. but most systems ar crossed at 80-63hz. subwoofer bass give you that nice lowend rumble. midbass give you that punch you feel in your chest. usually around 80-160hz. in the end you have to look at the specs and model them up to see how theyll perform in your application.

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
complete myth. generally, the 12 will play higher but wont go as low the 15. but most systems ar crossed at 80-63hz. subwoofer bass give you that nice lowend rumble. midbass give you that punch you feel in your chest. usually around 80-160hz. in the end you have to look at the specs and model them up to see how theyll perform in your application.
x2, its crazy how much bad information goes around this site.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
True given the right equpiment And set up you can run any speaker" punch" but you just said the same thing I did. Generaly speaking a 12 has the abality to reach into the mid bass range and let you feel it. Alot better the. A 15 can. Since iv yet to hear some ine install eq or cross overs for there subs in there truck. There only really useing LPF on the amp or hu. Alot of the time they just turn nobs till it sounds good. Inturn tuning to the bottomof the mid bass range. To get that punch. So what I said was " wrong" yes it was. But is it a good way to explane what's gonna happen To some one that is just learning. Yes. Let's be honest. If your asking simple questions. Your prolly not ready to get lost in the numbers if you were to get a tech answere.

I see alot of people do things on here cause they were told to. Or told to make sure your settings are right. But if you have to remind them of that I'm sure they don't know whAt the right settings are. Or why they are the way there are. I'm not going to spit numbers to some that asks if they can ground there amp with a coat hanger. It's part of making your answers fit your audance. You talk over them it doenst help them and waist your time. And they go **** it up anyway.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
True given the right equpiment And set up you can run any speaker" punch" but you just said the same thing I did. Generaly speaking a 12 has the abality to reach into the mid bass range and let you feel it. Alot better the. A 15 can. Since iv yet to hear some ine install eq or cross overs for there subs in there truck. There only really useing LPF on the amp or hu. Alot of the time they just turn nobs till it sounds good. Inturn tuning to the bottomof the mid bass range. To get that punch. So what I said was " wrong" yes it was. But is it a good way to explane what's gonna happen To some one that is just learning. Yes. Let's be honest. If your asking simple questions. Your prolly not ready to get lost in the numbers if you were to get a tech answere.

I see alot of people do things on here cause they were told to. Or told to make sure your settings are right. But if you have to remind them of that I'm sure they don't know whAt the right settings are. Or why they are the way there are. I'm not going to spit numbers to some that asks if they can ground there amp with a coat hanger. It's part of making your answers fit your audance. You talk over them it doenst help them and waist your time. And they go **** it up anyway.
i couldn't agree anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals