• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shock shopping for 6" rear drop....

xXfourmanXx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just put a flip kit and flipped the shackles on my 95 ranger 2wd and knew I was going to have to buy drop shocks but didnt know if any body knew of another shock from another vehicle may bolt in place but isnt a belltech or DJM. A shock that I could pick up at advaced or napa for cheap instead of payin 50 bucks a shock. Right now sitting on the ground with no shocks, the lower and upper mounts are 15 1/4" apart. Best shock I could find online was a belltech that was 12" fully compressed. I know im not left with a lot of suspension travel but..... I wanted it lowered

Last edited:

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nissan Hard body shock should fit

sean9721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have 6" rear drop and I have Nissan Hardbody shocks. Any year works. $15 each at Autozone.

xXfourmanXx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just cuz im picky, could you give me the specs on them??? Like wht length they are fully compressed and fully extended?

sean9721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have no idea. I never measured.

xXfourmanXx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright thanks, I got them anyways at advanced last night. If your wondering or anyone else is... 97 Nissan pickup shocks measure 12.5" bolt to bolt fully compressed. Its only gonna give me about 2.5" of suspension movement but its the best I could do without spending a lot more money. Belltech shocks from stylin trucks were 50 bucks a piece and measured 12" bolt to bolt so I wouldn't be gaining much if I spent the extra money. Thanks for the shock help!!

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Drop shocks have different valving for lowered applications vs an oem style shock. Doetsch Nitro Slammers FTW!

xXfourmanXx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I know this is way late but I was poking around and figured I would update. I got the nissan shocks and yeah they worked but I was hitting the frame over every bump. Probably forgot to mention I live in New England and our roads arent the best. Anyways, I went to Monroe and got some Air Shocks and they are AWESOME!! I usually run 70psi in them and ive had no problems. I did however find the limits of 70psi. When I have my 4 wheeler in the back I run 125psi and I still have no problems. The shocks retailed for $200 but told the guy I was putting them in myself and Napa had a cheaper price but was another half hour drive. He gave em to me for $100. Couldnt complain. I installed them in less than an hour and would recommend them to anyone. I have less than 2 inches between my axle and the frame and these shocks work even with a 7 inch rear drop. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals